Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

TITLE CHANGE. CHRISTIANITY QUESTIONS.

Posted by   + Show Post
  • Christianity is a man's religion, hence the "Father".
  • Christianity condones slavery, which is illegal and immoral.
  • Christianity says women need to be submissive.
  • Christianity says women should not speak in Church.
  • Jesus is going to "come back" to Earth, reincarnated. So is it really wrong for me to belive in Reincarnation?

*disclaimer: This is not a Christianity bashing post. I am one. I just want some questions answered by someone who knows more than I do, great. Thanks.*

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (91-100):
jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM

You can believe in whatever you want to believe in so long as it doesn't hurt others!

.Angel.Eyes.
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Not much. I see that you have "liked" unbelievers answers and have shown appreciation while the Christians have been ignored. Glad I didn't put any effort into this. Good day!

Quoting hp2011:

What is there to watch? I am not being bashed.

I've gotten answers from both and I read them and I ponder. You need to take your negative attitude out of here, because you've been rude since you began typing in this post.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

I will sit back and watch. Will she embrace the answers that come from a actual Christian or an unbeliever? This should be interesting. Whatever will you do?

Quoting hp2011:

LOL I know, But the only point I am trying to make is that the ! mark is a sign of excitement, anger, surprise, etc. This means the voice has a louder tone. That's all I'm trying to say.

✞†✞ Blessed ✞†✞

hp2011
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM

lol so since I didn't "like" all of the responses that warrants you to make negative statements and false accusations? Mmmmkaay.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Not much. I see that you have "liked" unbelievers answers and have shown appreciation while the Christians have been ignored. Glad I didn't put any effort into this. Good day!

Quoting hp2011:

I've gotten answers from both and I read them and I ponder. You need to take your negative attitude out of here, because you've been rude since you began typing in this post.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

I will sit back and watch. Will she embrace the answers that come from a actual Christian or an unbeliever? This should be interesting. Whatever will you do?

Quoting hp2011:

LOL I know, But the only point I am trying to make is that the ! mark is a sign of excitement, anger, surprise, etc. This means the voice has a louder tone. That's all I'm trying to say.

obx_Mom
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting hp2011:

• Christianity is a man's religion, hence the "Father". When the Bible refers to "man", its referring to all people - as in plural, it doesn't exclude women. 
  • Christianity condones slavery, which is illegal and immoral. I don't know where you get that Christianity condones slavery? There were times in history (in all cultures and religions) that had slavery of some sort. Modern day Christianity does not condone Christianity. 
  • Christianity says women need to be submissive. The Old Testament taught women to be submissive and different branches of different Christian religions have and still do teach their women to be submissive, but its not necessarily just a "Christian thing". Many cultures teach their women to be submissive to their men, not just certain religions. 
  • Christianity says women should not speak in Church. I don't know what Christian church you go to, but you should visit my church! I belong to a Southern Baptist Church and we have just as many women who participate in committes, boards, panels, teaching positions, choir director, etc as we have men. 
  • Jesus is going to "come back" to Earth, reincarnated. So is it really wrong for me to belive in Reincarnation? Jesus isn't coming back reincarnated. Jesus already rose from the dead and assended to Heaven. Jesus will come back to earth again one day and take his followers to paradise to be with Him and God and all of those who died and went to Heaven before us.   Its a shame that you've been given so much misinformation. The things that you've listed above are enough to turn anyone who doesn't know any better off from Christianity. I hope this clarifies some for you. 

*disclaimer: This is not a Christianity bashing post. I am one. I just want some questions answered by someone who knows more than I do, great. Thanks.*

Baha_84
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

WHOA!!!! Chicky calm down....breath...your little argument is taking you away from what you are asking...Kay k 1st I believe the bible states that Jesus is the reincarnate of God. Which in a sense means that God is reincarnated as human since He is an all being. Women are said to be submissive but we are not slaves because we are still given free will. If believing in reincarnation is what you want to believe in than that's fine. What you have to ask yourself is what does your faith tell you. Yes belief and faith are two different things. "Seeing is believing, Believing is seeing" meaning you can believe something is real but once its given valid proof your belief is changed. Faith is uncompromising. Nothing can change your faith. Even when given proof that something is or isn't there. Your faith is what keeps you strong when it comes to the belief of God. Regardless of what your religion is.

AlwaysKISA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Lmfao. This post got hilarious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angel.Eyes.
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM

It clearly shows where you stand. You don't want any REAL answers from those who know and love Christ.

Quoting hp2011:

lol so since I didn't "like" all of the responses that warrants you to make negative statements and false accusations? Mmmmkaay.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Quoting hp2011:

✞†✞ Blessed ✞†✞

hp2011
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM

What are you talking about? I'm reading ALL of the responses, I've gotten several, and I liked the ones that I understood the best. Some were from believers, some from non-believers. Are non-believers not worthy of my "Like"? 

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

It clearly shows where you stand. You don't want any REAL answers from those who know and love Christ.

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

Quoting hp2011:

AlwaysKISA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM
I'm sorry I used exclamation marks!!!! I didn't mean to SHOUT at anyone!! I was just SUPER excited!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

I'm sorry I used explanation marks!!!! I didn't mean to SHOUT at anyone!! I was just SUPER excited!!!!!

Lol. I didn't mean to spark an argument either. Eh. Stuff happens lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)