Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

TITLE CHANGE. CHRISTIANITY QUESTIONS.

Posted by   + Show Post
  • Christianity is a man's religion, hence the "Father".
  • Christianity condones slavery, which is illegal and immoral.
  • Christianity says women need to be submissive.
  • Christianity says women should not speak in Church.
  • Jesus is going to "come back" to Earth, reincarnated. So is it really wrong for me to belive in Reincarnation?

*disclaimer: This is not a Christianity bashing post. I am one. I just want some questions answered by someone who knows more than I do, great. Thanks.*

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (81-90):
AphrexiaX
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:40 PM

While I believe Christ is coming back, I do not believe He will be reincarnated, but more that he will return the same way He left, He will descend from the sky.

hp2011
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Yes. This is VERY serious.

Lmfao.

Quoting atyou:

Seriously?

Lol!

Quoting hp2011:

Then post it.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting hp2011:

Mine is from the dictionary.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting hp2011:

he exclamation markexclamation pointbang, or dembanger is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting), and often marks the end of a sentence. Example: “Watch out!” The character is encoded in Unicode as U+0021 !exclamation point (HTML: !). This punctuation mark is called, in the newspaper world, "a screamer, a gasper, [or] a startler".[1]

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting hp2011:

THis is not about texting, it's about grammar. ! means exclaiming, so it's called an EXCLAMATION MARK.

That also says nothing about !.

Quoting laranadtony:

When texting, think about the message you are sending. It is difficult to capture a tone via e-mail or text message, so be straightforward and clear. Sarcasm, for example, is difficult to convey, so steer clear when texting to ensure that your message will be understood. While a few well-known slang texts are OK to use, leave the heavy-duty coding to teens. Especially if you are texting for business purposes, stick to simple words and sentences that clearly convey your intent. Always use correct punctuation and grammar when texting and never text in ALL CAPS (the equivalent of shouting). Also, avoid forwarding spam via text messaging since it's just as unwanted as e-mail spam.

That is because I cannot find anywhere that an exclaimation point means you are shouting.I am still looking but I cannot find it.

Where does that come from.

Mine comes from a texting etiquette site.

What dictionary because miriam webster says something totally different.

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Those appear to be statements and not questions. 

Christianity evolved out of a patriarchal religion, naturally, it will place an emphasis on the importance of males.

Christianity's tolerance for slavery evolved out of its founders' tolerance for socially acceptable laws at the time. 

Most religions are based on keeping women submissive. There are many theories as to why that is the case, but I tend to agree with Robert Graves on that one (read 'King Jesus' by Graves for a quick overview on the subject.)

A great many religions come from warlike societies. Christianity is one of them.  In primitive  militant societies, males were the 'guardians' of weapons and rule and because women were the 'guardians' of nurture and health, they were forbidden to take part in any religious activity that included the possibility of war. It was believed that a woman's nurturing touch could change a weapon from delivering death to bestowing health. It was also believed that a woman's words carried health and promoted peace. Jesus claimed to bring not peace, but a sword.

Like many pastoral deities and heroes common to this era, Jesus is believed to have conquered death and resurrected, not to have reincarnated into another body.

laranadtony
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting laranadtony:

Wikipedia?

Really?

An exclamation mark usually shows strong feeling, such as surprise, anger or joy. Using an exclamation mark when writing is rather like shouting or raising your voice when speaking. Exclamation marks are most commonly used in writing quoted speech. You should avoid using exclamation marks in formal writing, unless absolutely necessary.

1. Use an exclamation mark to indicate strong feelings or a raised voice in speech:

• She shouted at him, "Go away! I hate you!"
  • He exclaimed: "What a fantastic house you have!"
  • "Good heavens!" he said, "Is that true?"
  • "Help!"
  • "Shut up!"
  • "Stop!"

I can say any of those things without shouting.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

hp2011
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM

*facepalm* no shit.

It is yelling or having a raised voice when you EXCLAIM something by putting ! at the end of it.

Again, this is about grammar lol. 

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting laranadtony:

Wikipedia?

Really?

An exclamation mark usually shows strong feeling, such as surprise, anger or joy. Using an exclamation mark when writing is rather like shouting or raising your voice when speaking. Exclamation marks are most commonly used in writing quoted speech. You should avoid using exclamation marks in formal writing, unless absolutely necessary.

1. Use an exclamation mark to indicate strong feelings or a raised voice in speech:

• She shouted at him, "Go away! I hate you!"
  • He exclaimed: "What a fantastic house you have!"
  • "Good heavens!" he said, "Is that true?"
  • "Help!"
  • "Shut up!"
  • "Stop!"

I can say any of those things without shouting.

gum.drop
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Nope

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

Esther wrote a book in the Bible? Have you ever read the book of Esther?

Quoting gum.drop:

Reincarnated? He won't be reincarnated that would mean he comes back as someone else right??

Jesus will jut return... So is it so bad to believe in zombies is a better question lol..

Also the slavery thing, well we are all slaves in a way if we have debt we work for our debtor... Etc. the slavery in the bible was not like slavery how it's used in context today. I'm mobile so I can't spend all day typing about it.... But that slavery was wrong in the bible (story of Moses and the Hebrews)

I dunno about the not speaking in church thing, but Esther wrote a book IN the bible so I don't think Christianity discounts women's views.

There were strong women in the bible, it says be submissive to your DH but it also tells DH to raise you up like his love for the church. So evens out I think.

Sorry I'm all mobile so this is really my short explanation lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

By the way,I am glad to see you questioning.I have to go but question ,question,question until you have the answers you want.

.Angel.Eyes.
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I will sit back and watch. Will she embrace the answers that come from a actual Christian or an unbeliever? This should be interesting. Whatever will you do?

Quoting hp2011:

LOL I know, But the only point I am trying to make is that the ! mark is a sign of excitement, anger, surprise, etc. This means the voice has a louder tone. That's all I'm trying to say.

✞†✞ Blessed ✞†✞

hp2011
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM

What is there to watch? I am not being bashed.

I've gotten answers from both and I read them and I ponder. You need to take your negative attitude out of here, because you've been rude since you began typing in this post.

Quoting .Angel.Eyes.:

I will sit back and watch. Will she embrace the answers that come from a actual Christian or an unbeliever? This should be interesting. Whatever will you do?

Quoting hp2011:

LOL I know, But the only point I am trying to make is that the ! mark is a sign of excitement, anger, surprise, etc. This means the voice has a louder tone. That's all I'm trying to say.

atyou
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM
;)

Quoting hp2011:

Yes. This is VERY serious.

Lmfao.

Quoting atyou:

Seriously?

Lol!

Quoting hp2011:

Then post it.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting hp2011:

Mine is from the dictionary.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting hp2011:

he exclamation markexclamation pointbang, or dembanger is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting), and often marks the end of a sentence. Example: “Watch out!” The character is encoded in Unicode as U+0021 !exclamation point (HTML: !). This punctuation mark is called, in the newspaper world, "a screamer, a gasper, [or] a startler".[1]

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting hp2011:

THis is not about texting, it's about grammar. ! means exclaiming, so it's called an EXCLAMATION MARK.

That also says nothing about !.

Quoting laranadtony:

When texting, think about the message you are sending. It is difficult to capture a tone via e-mail or text message, so be straightforward and clear. Sarcasm, for example, is difficult to convey, so steer clear when texting to ensure that your message will be understood. While a few well-known slang texts are OK to use, leave the heavy-duty coding to teens. Especially if you are texting for business purposes, stick to simple words and sentences that clearly convey your intent. Always use correct punctuation and grammar when texting and never text in ALL CAPS (the equivalent of shouting). Also, avoid forwarding spam via text messaging since it's just as unwanted as e-mail spam.

That is because I cannot find anywhere that an exclaimation point means you are shouting.I am still looking but I cannot find it.

Where does that come from.

Mine comes from a texting etiquette site.

What dictionary because miriam webster says something totally different.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)