Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I Know That Vaccines -- POLL --

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:14 PM
  • 112 Replies

Poll

Question: I know that vaccines...

Options:

Will Give My Child Lifelong Immunity To Every Disease Vaccinated Against.

Is Not Guaranteed To Give My Child Immunity To Any Of The Diseases Vaccinated Against.

Won't Provide Any Protection For The Diseases Vaccinated Against.

I Know Nothing About Them. I Just Do It Anyway.

I Know Everything. What Other Option Is There?

I Don't Even Have Kids. I Just Dress Up My Cats Like Kids And Joined CM.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 249

View Results

What do you know/think? 

Feel free to hash it out.

Ready...

Set...

Go...

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaimieLynn8
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM
15 moms liked this
I know no vaccination is guaranteed to be 100% but I choose to vaccinate my children in the chance that they do come in contact with any of these diseases someday. I would want to know I did everything I could to protect them from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyoftwo103
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:20 PM

LOL@ your last option!! 

KellBell0820
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Quoting JaimieLynn8:

I know no vaccination is guaranteed to be 100% but I choose to vaccinate my children in the chance that they do come in contact with any of these diseases someday. I would want to know I did everything I could to protect them from it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:21 PM
9 moms liked this

They are not guaranteed and I do not vaccinate.

We aren't vaccinating our kids from illnesses that are very rare and treatable if so.

Now if we went to a country where they were likely to catch a certain something we would look into what it was and weigh the benefits and risks against the vaccine and the illness itself.

nicki.hemingway
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM

ditto

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

They are not guaranteed and I do not vaccinate.

We aren't vaccinating our kids from illnesses that are very rare and treatable if so.

Now if we went to a country where they were likely to catch a certain something we would look into what it was and weigh the benefits and risks against the vaccine and the illness itself.

Please excuse my typos. I baby wear at the computer and I have to type around a bobbing head.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
TableforSeven
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

There isn't one answer for every vaccine.....some offer longer protection than others.  I know that I am giving my children protection that they need to keep them as healthy and safe as possible from illnesses that could kill them that are easily preventable.

FooLynRoo
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

amen

Quoting JaimieLynn8:

http://whatthefoolynroo.blogspot.com

emmy526
by Emmy on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:53 PM
4 moms liked this

The Science Behind Herd Immunity – And an Extension to GMOs?

MARCH 12, 2012 by ADMIN in FEATUREDGMOSSCIENCEVACCINES with 8 COMMENTS

Cows

This photo (which has been cropped) is by Lynette Coates, whose Flickr Photostream is at http://www.flickr.com/people/42959385@N08/. (Clickable link below*.) Image rights owned by Lynette Coates.

I must admit that the temptation to produce a blank page with only the above title was almost uncontrollable. But I’ve managed—though the simple fact is that there is no science behind the oft’ vaunted claim that everyone is ethically and morally bound to be vaccinated so that all can be protected by herd immunity.

There isn’t one shred of evidence behind it. It’s a fraud shrouded in Big Pharma money, not an established fact. But it sounds so good, doesn’t it? It brings up an image of civic duty. Indeed, herd immunity’s enthusiastic promoters play on the image of the poor grandma or newborn who died of a “preventable” illness. They’re brilliant at tossing around the manure of guilt.

The idea of herd immunity first came about around a hundred years ago in reference to natural immunity resulting from having a disease. The concept says: If X percent of the population is immune to a disorder, then the rest of the population is protected from that disease.

The concept of herd immunity, as taken up by proponents of vaccination, is used to accomplish three things:

• Promote a sense of guilt in nonvaccinators, convince them of the idea that they may be responsible for others—including the vaccinated!—being infected with disease.
  • Encourage an aggressive response from vaccinators against nonvaccinators by giving the impression that those who don’t vaccinate are to blame for disease.
  • Press for governmental enforcement of vaccinations for everyone, regardless of different viewpoints, philosophical ideas, or individual rights—and regardless of the inherent risks of vaccination.

Inherent Flaws in the Concept

The term herd immunity is tossed about as if it had been proven to work. But it hasn’t. The fact is that herd immunity has never been more than a concept—an idea that sounds good, but has little basis in reality.

The figures tossed around for how many must be vaccinated for herd immunity to take effect have never been established. Now and again, attempts are made to establish a figure using statistics and math. However, no amount of math or statistical manipulation can add up to a valid figure when all that underlies the calculations is assumptions.  The intention of those pressing the idea of herd immunity becomes quite clear as you note that the percentage being quoted has grown larger and larger with time, now often approaching 100%, but with no accompanying explanation.

Vaccines are Not Fully Protective

Vaccinations are not 100% effective. This fact is not in contention. The initial concept of herd immunity was based on the idea that infection by a disease is completely protective against further infection.

Vaccines Wear Off

The fact is that protection provided by vaccinations is limited over time. It wears off, sometimes within 2 years, most likely within 10 years in nearly all cases. It’s becoming more and more acknowledged, and is used as an excuse to give booster shots.

Clearly, these dual facts—vaccines’ ineffectiveness in a significant number of cases and loss of effectiveness in a short time span—mean that the basis of the herd immunity concept comes from a mistaken notion that vaccines are consistently effective. They aren’t.

Even if a vaccination rate of 100% is achieved, and even assuming that the initial protection from a vaccine is perfect, the vast majority of people will have little or no immunity within a fairly short period of time. In fact, most adults, who are not revaccinated every few years, will have very little vaccine-induced immunity.

Dr. Blaylock uses these facts to demonstrate the complete lack of authenticity behind the herd immunity concept:

That vaccine-induced herd immunity is mostly myth can be proven quite simply. When I was in medical school, we were taught that all of the childhood vaccines lasted a lifetime. This thinking existed for over 70 years. It was not until relatively recently that it was discovered that most of these vaccines lost their effectiveness 2 to 10 years after being given. What this means is that at least half the population, that is the baby boomers, have had no vaccine-induced immunity against any of these diseases for which they had been vaccinated very early in life. In essence, at least 50% or more of the population was unprotected for decades.

If we listen to present-day wisdom, we are all at risk of resurgent massive epidemics should the vaccination rate fall below 95%. Yet, we have all lived for at least 30 to 40 years with 50% or less of the population having vaccine protection. That is, herd immunity has not existed in this country for many decades and no resurgent epidemics have occurred. Vaccine-induced herd immunity is a lie used to frighten doctors, public-health officials, other medical personnel, and the public into accepting vaccinations.(1)

As Dr. Blaylock’s observation clarifies, there is nothing behind that claims of herd immunity beyond the mass belching of overheated gases.

The fact is that herd immunity sounds good, but it has no real meaning. It doesn’t even have a clear definition. It’s a public relations term used to herd people to through the vaccination doors. It’s used to explain why everyone should not only be willing, but be happy, to do their civic duty and take the risks associated with vaccines.

Herd Immunity and GMOs?

It’s may be hard to believe, but the flawed concept of herd immunity is now being used to push genetically modified crops! Many genetically modified crops carry a gene that makes them produce toxins to certain pests. For this article, we’ll leave aside the fact that they’re toxic to humans, too.

A study has been done that claims genetically engineered Bt corn, modified to suppress the corn borer, has resulted in benefits to non-GM producers by reducing their exposure to corn borers. Perhaps. It’s one study only. But let’s assume that it’s true. There’s another aspect to to this story that’s devastating and needs to be addressed in terms of vaccinations, too.

Pests have rapidly developed immunity to Bt corn. That, of course, ultimately makes the pest problem much worse—not only for GM growers, but also for innocent organic farmers.

Of course, the downside is routinely ignored by the cheerleaders of GMOs. The sound of herd immunity sounds so good, it’s now being used to push genetically engineered crops. How long will it be before all farmers are forced to plant GM crops based on the idea that it’s their civic duty?

The Vaccine Connection

The same thing that’s happened in GM food crops through mass planting—the development of more virulent pests—has happened in vaccinations. As has been reported in Gaia Health, recent outbreaks of whooping cough are caused by a new variety of the B. pertussis microbe that is a direct result of the vaccine. Thus, the vaccine is fueling the outbreaks, and they are far more virulent and deadly than the type covered by the vaccine.

Clearly, there’s more to consider in the concept of herd immunity than whether it’s effective. Pushing for more and more vaccinations may fuel new and more virulent diseases.

The concept of herd immunity is trotted out whenever someone who wasn’t vaccinated contracts a disease so that fingers can be pointed at all those people who didn’t do their “civic duty”. Finally, it’s become part of the methodology used to control the masses—to get people to leave their reasoning ability behind, and do what they’re told.

*Photo at top of page by Lynette Coates.

Sources:

emmy526
by Emmy on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM

As children's brains are being eaten by vaccines, parents urged to ignore the symptoms and 'soothe' their babies

Saturday, April 21, 2012 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer

Learn more:http://www.naturalnews.com/035639_vaccines_babies_convulsions.html#ixzz1snGjaa7P

(NaturalNews) A recent study published in the journalPediatricssuggests that administering one or more of the five "Ss" -- swaddling, side/stomach position, shushing, swinging, and sucking -- to babies in conjunction with their childhood vaccine regimens can help alleviate the physical and emotional stress typically brought about by this highly-invasive medical tradition.

Swaddling babies, or wrapping them in a warm blanket after they are vaccinated, as well as placing them in certain positions can help reduce their levels of anxiety, say researchers. Gently shushing them while rocking them or giving them a pacifier can also help to make the vaccination process move along much more smoothly and less painfully.

Though these measures do absolutely nothing to address the potential neurological damage caused by vaccines, researchers say they can "soothe" babies and help them to stop crying. According to Dr. John W. Harrington fromEastern Virginia Medical SchoolandChildren's Hospital of the King's Daughtersin Norfolk, the methods serve as a "distraction" from the pain caused by the needles.

For their study, Harrington and his colleagues divided 234 two- and four-month-old babies into four study groups, two of which received the five Ss after their vaccinations. They found that those who received these interventions experienced less visible pain, grimacing, and frowning, according toReuters, and they cried less.

But as good as it might be to effectively comfort a child who has just been bombarded with dozens of vaccine injections, no amount of physical comfort will mitigate the damage being done to babies' brains by vaccines. The combination diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus shot, also known as DPT, for instance, is known to cause severe and permanent brain damage in some children (http://www.naturalnews.com/031469_vaccine_brain_seizures.html).

All vaccines, in fact, come with the potential to cause permanent nerve damage, particularly in the brain. Going back as far as 1855, when Massachusetts passed the first law in the United States requiring vaccinations for schoolchildren, it was known that vaccines carried with them the risk of encephalitis, also known as inflammation of the brain (http://www.naturalnews.com/031476_vaccines_nerve_damage.html).

Brachial neuritis, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP), complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS), multiple sclerosis, narcolepsy, Opsoclonus-Myoclonus syndrome (OMS), trigeminal neuralgia, and transverse myelitis are among the many neurological side effects that can be caused by vaccines. And none of these conditions, of course, can be mitigated with a pacifier or a blanket.

Sources for this article include:

http://www.reuters.com

hp2011
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I think some vax are stupid and pointless and dangerous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN