Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I Know That Vaccines -- POLL --

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: I know that vaccines...

Options:

Will Give My Child Lifelong Immunity To Every Disease Vaccinated Against.

Is Not Guaranteed To Give My Child Immunity To Any Of The Diseases Vaccinated Against.

Won't Provide Any Protection For The Diseases Vaccinated Against.

I Know Nothing About Them. I Just Do It Anyway.

I Know Everything. What Other Option Is There?

I Don't Even Have Kids. I Just Dress Up My Cats Like Kids And Joined CM.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 249

View Results

What do you know/think? 

Feel free to hash it out.

Ready...

Set...

Go...

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Replies (81-90):
Crimsonia
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Herein lies the problem... it is NOT a harmless shot... it is a cocktail of carcinogenic and neurotoxic chemicals, insecticides and reproductive sterilization agents,and many, many other chemicals that are extremely harmful to the human body.

Again... I am not here to tell you what choice to make..... I just want everyone to be able to make an educated decision... and saying that the shots are harmless is evidence that you are not fully educating yourself about vaccines before accepting them.

Quoting LovingSAHMommy:

This. I also know that in the event that they did catch it, it would most likely be much less severe than if they had no been vaccinated. Honestly, I couldn't live with myself if my child died from something that could have been prevented by a harmless shot. Sure, there are risks for some children, but the benefits WAY outweigh the risks.

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Quoting mommyoftwo103:

LOL@ your last option!! 

hahah I love it too !

Crimsonia
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM

They did NOT take the mercury out of every vaccine... 

But you're correct that the ones they DID remove it from or at least lower the concentrations... they DID replace it with another highly neuro toxic heavy metal.

Quoting stickyfingers:
i am up in the air about vax. they took out the mercury but added aluminum. aluminum is a poison. also they use aborted fetus cells witch i have a huge problem with. there is not a reason to even use aluminum. there is fermaldahyde in them also...i just wish they would come up with a safer way to vax. i really do...

louzannalady
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM

My answer is not up there. Those are all extremes and I am more moderate. I delay vax. I will probably only select vax very soon. I feel some have merit, so may have little merit, so may have no merit. I am still doing my research to determine where each vax lays on that scale and make my decisions accordingly. 

MeAndTommyLee
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I agree 100%

Our first child was vaccinated somewhat, but after developing lumps in her injection sites that lasted over a year, the 105 temp w/seizure, the vomiting....we stopped cold.  In addition, the pediatrician's lack of answers regarding this reoccurring problem (with nearly all of the vaccines she received) was non-existent, and his lackadaisical response was not acceptable.

Anyway, no, we will NOT vaccinate because I will never sign waivers excusing the AMA for any harm that comes to my children because of the shots.  And for those mom's that do vaccinate -- that's your decision and I respect it. However, I should not have to be accused of putting your child in `danger' for my child NOT being vaccinated because your child IS, against what you believe they can `catch'. 

DropZoneMom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this

You need to educate yourself on why diseases like the measles are making a comeback -- largely because of people like YOU.  You're not doing your kids (or the rest of society) any favors by remaining ignorant.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

They are not guaranteed and I do not vaccinate.

We aren't vaccinating our kids from illnesses that are very rare and treatable if so.

Now if we went to a country where they were likely to catch a certain something we would look into what it was and weigh the benefits and risks against the vaccine and the illness itself.

emmy526
by Emmy on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I think YOU are the one who needs educating...you do know that the measles vax sheds, for up to 3 weeks, and can potentially infect others, EVEN THOSE VAXED FOR IT!!!  so does the chicken pox vax, the whooping cough portion of the vax, and several others are not protecting like they are purported to do...another strain of whooping cough is now among us, and it isn't from nonvaccinated people.  It's from the germ evolving to survive in the host surroundings, and it has found a way, and now more people are contracting it, NOT from not getting vaccinated, because there is NO vaccine for the new strain.  Vaccinated people catch the very disease they are vaccinated against...take the flu, for example...every nursing home resident is vaxed for this, yet despite the high numbers of vaxed, the flu epidemic still takes over in the nursing home.   

Quoting DropZoneMom:

You need to educate yourself on why diseases like the measles are making a comeback -- largely because of people like YOU.  You're not doing your kids (or the rest of society) any favors by remaining ignorant.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

We aren't vaccinating our kids from illnesses that are very rare and treatable if so.

Now if we went to a country where they were likely to catch a certain something we would look into what it was and weigh the benefits and risks against the vaccine and the illness itself.

Choosing Not to VaccinateChoosing Not to Vaccinate-proud group owner

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Even if they are making a come back in the U.S. doesn't mean that your vaccinated children are at risk so why does it matter if you and your children are protected when I feel comfortable with that small chance for my family?

Quoting DropZoneMom:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

MamasaurusPrime
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM
It was a strong tie between choose option 2 and 6.

I ended up choosing 2. I space vaccines to no more than 2 a year no matter what.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys92106
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Quoting JaimieLynn8:

I know no vaccination is guaranteed to be 100% but I choose to vaccinate my children in the chance that they do come in contact with any of these diseases someday. I would want to know I did everything I could to protect them from it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)