Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Moms Who Judge Other Moms - What triggers your inner "Sanctimommy?"

Posted by   + Show Post

What triggers your inner "Sanctimommy" and makes you roll your eyes at other parents?

eye rolling

Click here to see what Kristen Chase and her guest judge other moms for.

Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
bluevelvetKS
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM

The lack of discipline and bad nutrition. There is no excuse in this day and age that people should be ignorant of those two things.

sabbycat69
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I do my very best never to judge, because I don't want to be judged back. I think unless the child is in extreme danger of injury or death, then mothers should just mind their own business on how others raise their children. Period!!!

lulumomof2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:45 PM

moms who talk out their a$$ (mom's that think they know EVERYTHING about me/my kids)

Let me elaborate, a few years ago there was a post about spanking. I commented that I don't spank, this lady told me that I will be sorry I don't spank when my kids are failing and getting in trouble at school. She never (if I remember correctly never could tell me why she thought that).I REALLY wish I could find her now and tell her, she is WRONG! My kids aren't failing and as for trouble my youngest son once. My oldest is on the honor roll in Jr high and next yr in high school all classes are  honors.

And not that long ago there was a post about a mom who let her child steal a football from a park (that was left there). I commented that I thought that was crappy and said something about a kid that stole my son's coat. This woman's comment was that he probably didn't like the crappy coat I bought him and since he can't talk to me and tell me he didn't like it (because we don't have an open relationship like that) he just said someone stole it so he could get a new one. REALITY: he had saved up his money and had done odd jobs for his grandma, neighbors and such, so he could buy this coat that he had really wanted. I just replied whatever to this mom.

For the most part I don't really care what your parenting style is or what you do (as long as your not abusing your kids). Everyone (for the most part) is doing the best they can, or what they feel is the best for their child(ren).

Dobermans are like Potato chips, nobody can have just one!

hddcooper
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Stability and consistency !!!! Something children desperately need
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stykir
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

i try hard not to judge.... a few things bug me- like letting kids bounce around the car when there are laws about keeping them in carseats. i dont even care if they follow the carseat rules, i'm not really strict there, but at least make them sit down, buckle up and stay in the backseat!

and i get irritated by people who allow their kids to run amok in public. i work in a mall and oh man, kids not being parented or looked after--dropping your kids off to be babysat by me and my coworkers who are trying to do a job...that one gets to me bad!!

otherwise, i dont care what you do with your kids as long as you dont care what i do with mine.

Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Parents that drug their kids with antihistamines to sleep on a regular basis with no rx or medical advice from a doctor to do that.

mrjjmt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Parents who won't let their kids experience anything. Kids can still climb trees, jump out of swings and play in their own backyard. I don't understand parents who say that they always have to be able to see their kids, let them play and be kids, you don't always have to smother them.

Coca.Cola
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Ha. Who am I to judge others. I curl up in a ball on occassion and cry and need to be petted to get my head back together. 

The only thing that tends to get to me is when I see a mom screaming at her kids. Do you really think they listen to you when you do that? I doubt it. 

mopsmommy5
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I work very hard to not judge, cuz I don't want to be judged myself! But I really love to do is catch a mom doing good, disciplining her kids even if they aren't happy about it, having a bad time & telling them they are doing a great job keep it up! I've had a few people tell me that when I needed that and I appreciated sooo much more than anything else!
malissaL
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:18 AM

when I hear their children tell them "no" or "shut up" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN