Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thoughts about men who don't believe in epidurals...(what I heard on TV)

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM
  • 172 Replies

I'm watching a baby story and this guys just said "My goal for her is to not get an epidural...I don't believe in them"   Ummm excuse me SIR but have you ever experienced this thing called a contraction? Or this this thing called pushing a BABY out of your vagina? Men, in my opinion, should have NO say in what a woman chooses as far as pain relief during probably the most painful experience a woman will ever go through. If a woman chooses she wants a natural drug free labor and delivery then I say encourage her but if she chooses an epidural or whatever else let her have it! I don't think men should be the ones to discourage a woman from pain relief during child birth, I don't think anyone should make anyone feel uncomfortable or less of a woman for getting pain relief during child birth since everyones experience and pain level and tolerance is different.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jasminemomof3
by (Queen of Laughter) on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM

i know! lol... when i was having my #3, my BF told me not to get a epidural and i said hell no, im getting one! lol needless to say, the damn thing didnt work and i felt everything...thanks alot mobin :/

momswag
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM
14 moms liked this

My sister's husband did not want her to have an epidural, there are risks to an epidural that can effect both mom and baby. Why shouldn't a man, the father of the child have an opinion on something that can potentially harm the woman he loves and his child? I have respect for a man who is educated and understands that an epidural in many cases is absolutely unnecessary. My sister chose NOT to have an epidural, after weighing the risks and discussing it with her husband. 

I have had a medicated birth and a natural birth. My natural birth was far better an experience and went way smoother then my medicated delivery. 

jadsmummy
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Oooooooo those are fighting words LOL if dh said that to me oooooooo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj_bmom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Quoting Jasminemomof3:

i know! lol... when i was having my #3, my BF told me not to get a epidural and i said hell no, im getting one! lol needless to say, the damn thing didnt work and i felt everything...thanks alot mobin :/

I'd be so mad if it didn't work lol. My moms gotten one with all 5 of us and they've never really WORKED fully. She said it would dull it but never take it away completely. One time she said it only numbed one side of her body

got2monsters
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely agree!!!!!

Quoting momswag:

My sisters husband did not want her to have an epidural, there are risks to an epidural that can effect both mom and baby. Why shouldn't a man, the father of the child have an opinion on something that can potentially harm the woman he loves and his child? I have respect for a man who is educated and understands that an epidural in many cases is absolutely unnecessary. 

I have had a medicated birth and a natural birth. My natural birth was far better an experience and went way smoother then my medicated delivery. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasminemomof3
by (Queen of Laughter) on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Quoting jj_bmom:

Quoting Jasminemomof3:

I'd be so mad if it didn't work lol. My moms gotten one with all 5 of us and they've never really WORKED fully. She said it would dull it but never take it away completely. One time she said it only numbed one side of her body

thats what happened to me lol

momswag
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Good! I was afraid I was going to be the lone wolf with my opinion! 

Quoting got2monsters:

Definitely agree!!!!!

Quoting momswag:

My sisters husband did not want her to have an epidural, there are risks to an epidural that can effect both mom and baby. Why shouldn't a man, the father of the child have an opinion on something that can potentially harm the woman he loves and his child? I have respect for a man who is educated and understands that an epidural in many cases is absolutely unnecessary. 

CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I think a women chooses in the end but I don't think its wrong for him to have an opinion on the effects drugs will have on his child. He cant stop her but he can encoruage a healthier option.
Oh and just cause my kidney stone was worse than labor for my 9 pound son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I would be proud of my hubby if he would encourage me to have a natural birth. I have had two epidurals they both sucked!!! Am having my third and going natural dh supports me 100 %. My biggest regret as a mom was letting a doctor bully me into putting that crap in my body
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:52 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't believe that epidurals should be used unless its a medical necessity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)