Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

adults having sex with children. your thoughts?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: I have seen on here 19+ year old adults should not be charged for sleeping with 14+ children. When do you think a child is actualy ABLE to make the choice to sleep with someone WITHOUT GETTING THE adult in truble?

Options:

below 7

as soon as they hit puberty

as soon as they understand the side effects of sex

as soon as they hit puberty and understand the side effects of sex

as soon as they think they can care for a baby

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 172

View Results

I have seen on here 19+ year old adults should not be charged for sleeping with 14+ children. When do you think a child is actualy ABLE to make the choice to sleep with someone?

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM

BUMP!

starryeyez23
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Where I live. 17 is "legal" as long as the older one is 21 or younger. If 22 or older then 18 is legal. I think that is acceptable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jobo
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM
when you are no longer legally responsible for their actions..18 and up
LoriLou75
by Lori on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Ther is a difference between a 16 year old sleeping with an 18 year old and sleeping with a 30 year old. I think adults should never sleep with anyone under 18 though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM
I agree with this.

Quoting starryeyez23:

Where I live. 17 is "legal" as long as the older one is 21 or younger. If 22 or older then 18 is legal. I think that is acceptable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLub
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM
19 years old you are a freshman or sophomore in college. At 14 you can still be in junior high. Really?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM
I put other because I think it's complicated. Such as, I was 15 and my bf was 17.. We were a little under 2 years apart. I really think the age thing was fine.. Even when I was 16 and he was 18. But I think it's very bad that my sister was 17 and got pregnant by a 28 year old ex convict.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Its all based on maturity imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole6870
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Idk honestly. I look at my girls (9 & 4) and the thought of anyone touching them ever makes me sick. But, I also think about me at 14, 15 and I wasn't your typical young teen. I had a hard life and grew up fast. My maturity level was far above everyone else near my age yet not so far as to be intelligent enough NOT to have sex. I met my DH when I was 15 and he was 19. He turned 20 while I was still 15. I didn't look or act like a 15yr old. My dad was ok with us dating. I was happy and not being a destructive teen. But...not everyone is like that. I see 15yr olds now that still act like little girls (like they should) then I see 15yr olds that I would NEVER guess they were 15 by their looks or actions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ednarooni160
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I don't know...I'm still reeling from Woody Allen and now Morgan Freeman..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)