Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

adults having sex with children. your thoughts?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: I have seen on here 19+ year old adults should not be charged for sleeping with 14+ children. When do you think a child is actualy ABLE to make the choice to sleep with someone WITHOUT GETTING THE adult in truble?

Options:

below 7

as soon as they hit puberty

as soon as they understand the side effects of sex

as soon as they hit puberty and understand the side effects of sex

as soon as they think they can care for a baby

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 172

View Results

I have seen on here 19+ year old adults should not be charged for sleeping with 14+ children. When do you think a child is actualy ABLE to make the choice to sleep with someone?

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I think it 18...but there is a part of the brain that doesn't fully develop until 18. The part of the brain that calculates consequences...hence the reason as teens we do dumb shit that we would be afraid to do now as adults. I'm not saying I was a Angel by any means but knowing that info is definatly say 18+
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM
It largely depends on the kid. I was 14 with a 19 yo. He was not, is not, and never has been a pedophile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole6870
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Not necessarily. I was 14 in HS as will be my oldest Dd. I had classes with tons of 18 yr olds and 1 19 yr old. She had to quit school bc of family issues her senior year but didn't want a g.e.d. and couldn't afford any of the other schools so she came back the next year and finished her senior year at 19

Quoting MamaLub:

19 years old you are a freshman or sophomore in college. At 14 you can still be in junior high. Really?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wheresthewayout
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I was 16 and the guy that got me pregnant was 22. In my state the age of consent is 16. I was a mature teenager, hated being around kids my age

SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I say 16-17 

There are some 18-19 yr olds that are less mature than a 16 yr old at times. Its why they probably don't see anything wrong with dating a 16 17 yr old, because they are fresh out of HS themselves hanging with similar friends and groups.

If they are making the drinking age limit 21, that's what they should make consenting adult age limit as well. 

Many people years ago like in the 80's who were 17 18 went out with 19 20 yr and no one said anything. After 21 should be the legal age for anything, by that age they should have their act together and be held responsible as an adult.

There are too many 19 yr olds who lives are being distroyed for being with a 16-18 yr old. They haven't even gotten their lives on track at 19. I think it's just an easy thing to do to get the kid in trouble, because the parent doesn't want their child with that person. A form of lazy parenting I call it, because they can't come up with another way of keeping their kids away from that person.

Schleetle
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM
After age 16 someone up to three years older, after 18 their choice completely. JMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I think what you saw was people saying if they did not know they were 14....

mistie900
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM
I think every case is different. I think at 16 most kids know what they are doing, not saying that's ok, but I don't think the older person should get in trouble, especially if the teen lies about their age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addicted2metal
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM
It depends on the age if there 18 they shouldn't be no younger than year or two older than 18 needs to stick to there own age or find a older person
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I put 18 to sleep with someone older then 18

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN