Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

adults having sex with children. your thoughts?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: I have seen on here 19+ year old adults should not be charged for sleeping with 14+ children. When do you think a child is actualy ABLE to make the choice to sleep with someone WITHOUT GETTING THE adult in truble?

Options:

below 7

as soon as they hit puberty

as soon as they understand the side effects of sex

as soon as they hit puberty and understand the side effects of sex

as soon as they think they can care for a baby

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 172

View Results

I have seen on here 19+ year old adults should not be charged for sleeping with 14+ children. When do you think a child is actualy ABLE to make the choice to sleep with someone?

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Replies (31-40):
gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

look above. people are even VOTING 14.

Quoting laranadtony:

I think what you saw was people saying if they did not know they were 14....

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM

19+ year old adults know the law.. if they can't keep it in their pants, it's their  own fault.

17 is the law in my state.. to legally be allowed to consent to sex (unless you are married, or have parental consent, however if the parents take away consent the guy can still get screwed, so he really should use some brains and just stick to what's legal. )

That said, yes I'm aware some girls lie about their age. IF a girl is found to have lied about her age SHE should be held legally liable and face the charges instead. 

That also said, I do not think someone within a 2 year difference should face charges as a sex offender for consensual sex.  Fined perhaps, slap on the wrist, don't do it again, bring the parents in to give out any further punishment.. perhaps a manditory sex ed class max..

3 years or more in the case of teenagers however, sorry, the guy should know better, his mom should have taught him better.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM

In any case,what I was said was if the older person did not know the kid was 14.

I met and married my first husband at 15 and he was 26,

stefvan
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM

17 ( thought I don't want that to be my dd!).  I believe in SC 17 is the age of consent - it might even be younger now.

DixieL
by Dixie on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I don't know. When a girl is fifteen or sixteen I think she knows just what she is doing, so I don't think the 18 year old boy should get arrested. The same goes with boys At that age I believe they know what they are doing. I think maybe at 14 and younger the other person should be in trouble, although these days kids grow up so fast a lot of them know all about sex.

notdown4games
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I think really that its varies on a case by case basis. I say that because, as a mother I feel that 15 and younger is far too young to be having sex....but on the other hand my grandma married my grandpa when she was 15 and he was 20. They had their 1st child when she was 16. 4 children,4 grandchildren, 8 great grandchildren, and 62 years of marriage later they are still very happy and commited. So I think there are always exceptions......but I also think that cases like my grandparents are very rare exceptions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HoosierMom2JB
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

18, I think adults (anyone over 18) should only have sex with adults.

gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:15 PM

they also were raised in a completly DIFFRENT generation where that was not abnormal. My parents have been in a relationship since mom was 16. she is 63 in september so 47 years. They also didn't have sex untill they got married....7 years of daiting.

Quoting notdown4games:

I think really that its varies on a case by case basis. I say that because, as a mother I feel that 15 and younger is far too young to be having sex....but on the other hand my grandma married my grandpa when she was 15 and he was 20. They had their 1st child when she was 16. 4 children,4 grandchildren, 8 great grandchildren, and 62 years of marriage later they are still very happy and commited. So I think there are always exceptions......but I also think that cases like my grandparents are very rare exceptions

marshallh
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Sex isn't sacred. Sex is a massage for some people. It's healthy in every way and feels good. Stronger people should never take advatnage of weaker people and this doesn't just pertain to adult v.s. children, but men v.s. women also. On the same token, sex is healthy and there is absolutley no reason people even children can't enjoy their own sexuality. Ageism should not exist in America, yet it does. It doesn't matter if you think certain relationships are gross to you... people are differen't and if you don't tolerate their preferences, they won't tolerate yours... When people live in a cooperative society they cooperate in return. When people are forced to conform to other people's preferences and the favor isnt return, disassociation happens and crime, rape and other uncooperative things occure. 

Children are sexual creatures... and some children find adults attractive. When these types of children aren't allowed to epxress themselves or if they feel like their feelings are bad, wierd, or unaturall they develope 'libido fixations' which lead to eating disorders, drinking disorders, obsessions or other means to try to cope/mask their unatural sex drive.

Sex is morilized in the US and so it isn't recognized forthe less than spiritual primitive activity that is really is.

Children are beautiful creatures.. they don't need to shave off masculine bodyhair. Children don't need to wear deoderants. Children don't need to paint on bigger eyes or wear coverup. And children can be very sexual. The reason women are so opposed by child sexuality is because women themselves are child like... women shave, act innocent, paint on bigger eyes, and cover up their masculine under arm oder to appear more femine or child like... Here's why...

Sense the begining of mankind, women's courting age was around 12 give or take a few years. This is why women try to be children and why men are attracted to child like features. One within the last 100 years has the idea of child brides been thought of as unatural or unpractical. This is the same 100 years that women were first given the right to vote.

The biggest reason our culture has ageism or bigotry towards relationships of a young age is because 60% of the voting population is in denial. That 60% is women 18+..... In order to accept the natural sexual relaionship between men and their evolved younger sexual counter part, women will have to come to terms with the fact that they aren't prime sexually... that they have to paint their face and mudelate their bodies to try to be prime. This is a very painful thing to accept especially for women, who care so much about being beautiful and sexy...  bigotry is not the solution. bigotry will not make women beautiful. it will just cause pain, desperation, disaccosiation,rape and less productivity. 

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say probably 15ish. Thats when I had sex for the first time. I knew what I was doing, the risks and everything that went along with it. If you are old enough to fully understand what goes a long with it and take responsibility for what might happen, then fine. I dont think a 18-19 year old should get in trouble for having sex with a 15-16 yr old. They were both aware of what was going on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)