Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

adults having sex with children. your thoughts?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: I have seen on here 19+ year old adults should not be charged for sleeping with 14+ children. When do you think a child is actualy ABLE to make the choice to sleep with someone WITHOUT GETTING THE adult in truble?

Options:

below 7

as soon as they hit puberty

as soon as they understand the side effects of sex

as soon as they hit puberty and understand the side effects of sex

as soon as they think they can care for a baby

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 172

View Results

I have seen on here 19+ year old adults should not be charged for sleeping with 14+ children. When do you think a child is actualy ABLE to make the choice to sleep with someone?

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Replies (61-63):
SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM
16 i say
And not charge anyone under 20

People dont realize that a 19 can still be in HS so who do they expect for them to date if all the other students are 16-18?
Some started school later and some got left back for different reasons and it doesnt mean because of failing grades.

When i was 16-17 i was hangin out with 18-19 yr ds and they were by far acting like adults. To them they were still as the number of the age says... A TEENAGER

If drinking age is 21 thats when they should start being charged. Thats the legal age for drinking, the is should be for having sex with a minor.

It was different way back when. Since when did a 18-19 become an adult?
Freakin society

Now if a 18-19 is caugt with anyone under 15 then i would say charge them, but some 15 yr olds look like they are 19 themselves, so who is to blame? The kid who knew they were 15 being with a 19 yr old? Or The 19 who thought the 15 was older?
Its very tricky in that age range
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM
It depends. Girls these days are little hooches, I've seen some lie about their age & they look older. I was 16 when I had sex with dd's father & he was 21 (just turned 21 I was 3 months away from 17).a I didnt get pregnant til we lived together on our own.

Right now I know a girl who is 16, shes with a man in his mid 20's. They're Hispanic (why does that matter? Bcuz its not a huge deal to them). Shes very mature, her mom knows, he treats her well, they hang out with family....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)