Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Father wires 10-year-old autistic son and catches teacher tormenting him

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 125 Replies
1 mom liked this

For anyone with an autistic kid, this is heartbreaking ...

Find me at: ellenmeister.com  *  my blog  *  facebook * twitter                       

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momwith2monkeys
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:07 PM

that makes me sick to hear teachers talking to children in that manner. especially a child with disabilities. i have a son with a few disorders not autism, but disabilities that cause behavior problems and to hear teacher aging it on just sicken me.

sstripedmonkey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM

wow, i cried watching that, i feel so sad for that little boy, that teacher should be hung (and i do mean that). That's crazy that those teachers were in on it to, this outrages me so much, just wow. Kudos to dad for following his instincts, its sad he had to take such drastic measures in the first place!

Beautiful31mom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Quote:

For anyone with an autistic kid, this is heartbreaking ...

For any parent  this is heartbreaking.That poor child. 

daughteroftruth
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this
That made me cry.... he did better then me... I wouuld have bitched slaped that teacher.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Brittany on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

What annoyed me the most is the fact that the father thought the teacher deserved to be given the chance to apologize! I would have sued like crazy and pressed charges!!!

mommyakabooby
by Tree Charmer on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Poor baby :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM
3 moms liked this

My DH and I just listened to the entire video.  My husbands response " They would have to meet me at the door with the cops. Heads would roll. The state school board would be notified.  A federal lawsuit would be filed.  The ADA would be made very aware of that crap.  Every teacher and aid in the room would be fired and their teaching license revoked.  We would be the schools worse nightmare."  

I agree with him.  The man in the video said he wasnt going to sue. We would.  All schools care about is money. Hit them where it hurts.  Sue their asses off! And then donate it to Autism Support Groups.  That is what we would do.  

LoriLou75
by Lori on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM
This is disgusting! Worst part is they ALL still have jobs teaching in the district! Next worse part is if dad hadn't wired his son most moms here would've thought it's ok to cuff the child during an outburst to protect the shitty teachers that bullied him daily!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM

And we have a 10 yr old son with Autism. This hit too close to home.

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Cuffing a child with autism is never okay and it does not solve anything.

Quoting LoriLou75:

This is disgusting! Worst part is they ALL still have jobs teaching in the district! Next worse part is if dad hadn't wired his son most moms here would've thought it's ok to cuff the child during an outburst to protect the shitty teachers that bullied him daily!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)