Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: What do you & your kids listen to in the car?

Options:

kid friendly music

rock/pop/country music(that YOU like)

the wind

i don't believe in music

OTHER

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 122

View Results

Me & my mother's best friend are having a debate.

My daughter is 4 months old for the record.

She thinks that I NEED to be listening to kid friendly Cd's. Example; Veggie Tales Bible Songs. (DAMN THE HAIRBRUSH SONG-IT GETS STUCK IN MY HEAD)

I don't WANT to. I have one "kid friendly" CD & It's nursery rhymes. I'm tired of it. So I've been  listening to Classic Rock or my Sublime CD. My daughter LOVES the Sublime CD (i mean who wouldn't) probably b/c when I was pregnant I listened to it DAILY & her dad plays guitar & it's all beachy like that. 

My mother's best friend thinks I'm going to make my daughter STUPID. Her exact words.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Is it okay that my daughter isn't listening to "Kid friendly" music?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Laura * 21 years young * 1st time mom to Lyric * Girlfriend to Lance of 3 years 

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
momtolittleg
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM

No way do we listen to kid music in the car.  We listen to whatever the adults want to hear.  Sure, DD can put in a request now and then, and if she asks nice, then sure.  But I have no intentions of turning off my music because of her.  We listen to uncensored Sirius radio, too!  And a rather raunchy morning radio show.  My mom never censored what I listened to, and if I asked questions, she answered honestly.  I sometimes hear songs from the 80s now and realize exactly what they are about and am like, WOW, good thing that went over my head as a kid!  (How about that song with the lyrics, "You're making it hard for me")!?

lyricsmommy347
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SarahLizyB:

Pandora. Our usual stations are weezer, foo fighters, and lady gaga

mm Weezer <3

ack86
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM
The station I listen to is a family friendly station. It has new and old songs, but doesn't have any lyrics I wouldn't want my kids repeating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Classic Rock, baby.

lyricsmommy347
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Quoting momtolittleg:

No way do we listen to kid music in the car.  We listen to whatever the adults want to hear.  Sure, DD can put in a request now and then, and if she asks nice, then sure.  But I have no intentions of turning off my music because of her.  We listen to uncensored Sirius radio, too!  And a rather raunchy morning radio show.  My mom never censored what I listened to, and if I asked questions, she answered honestly.  I sometimes hear songs from the 80s now and realize exactly what they are about and am like, WOW, good thing that went over my head as a kid!  (How about that song with the lyrics, "You're making it hard for me")!?

LOL Have you ever heard that song, it's country, "going through the big D & I don't mean dallas" I DIDNT GET THAT AT ALL when I was little. I heard that the other day & laughed so hard!

My favorite song when I was little was "pour some sugar on me" HAHA

lyricsmommy347
1 mom liked this

Quoting Pnukey:

Classic Rock, baby.

Hellz Yeah BABY!

Schleetle
Whatever we all like. I don't put on the heavy rock stations because they are uncensored on satellite, and my sons are 9. So blasting f--k, s--t, etc... In songs isn't a good idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Whatever I want to listen to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bozobean
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I grew up listening to the music of the 60s, 70s, and 80s. In my father's car, it was Neil Diamond, Newton John, or talk radio. In my mom's car, it was soft rock of those decades, until she was all in love with Julio Iglesias, then it was all I heard in her car for a couple years.

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I listen to what I like in the car. DS who is 4 years old loves Party Rock and walks around singing that and I'm sexy and I know it. He is also very smart, we will find out how smart when he gets tested in a few more weeks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)