Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BMI: 19 Weight: 116lb Height: 5 "5 DIET HELP!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM
  • 6 Replies

BMI: 19

Weight: 116lb

Height: 5 "5

Basal Metabolic Rate is: 1342 calories.

Average Daily Calorie Need Is: 1611 calories

I want to get healthy. Im a smoker, i drink 8 glass of coke DAILY, only have one meal a day being dinner and i eat junk 24/7. I dont gain weight and i feel like crap..

Anyone have a detox diet to clean out my body? the a healthy eating plan thats cheap and easy to follow?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
krunchykorn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:07 AM

BUMP!

Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I would start small with your goals...Try to knock down on the soda first by replacing 1 glass with with until you are down to 3 cans amount per day or less. Get yourself a reusable water bottle or buy water bottle packages and keep several with you at work or fill it up as it empties. Then I'd work on keeping snacks with you at all times that are healthy...Like apples and peanut butter(one of my faves), carrots with dip or without, trail mix(my favorite is craisin and chocolate because you still get junk but the nuts help keep you satisfied and not hungry), meal or cereal bars(with your need for more calories I'd go with a meal bar because they have more calories but healthier is always better). If you are busy during lunch, then try to make your lunch while making breakfast and make it something that you could easily eat while on the go(like a wrap or something)...If you go out to eat for lunch choose something with lower calories but a decent amount of protein(snack wrap is a good one, salad with chicken is great, chicken sandwich) and pair it with a yogurt or a salad(if you didn't get a salad for lunch of course). Then eat whatever you want for dinner but try to make it balanced with meat, veggies, and a little bit of carbs(like rice or potatoes). Eat fruit as a snack if you can...I'd aim for 3-4 fruits per day.

And don't be too hard on yourself if you don't eat well one day...Just get back on the horse the next day. For me I don't follow plans because I can't stick to them at all...I just try to eat as healthy as I can. Once you have a good eating habit in place work on cutting down the amount of ciggarettes you smoke daily...Make it a goal to smoke half a cig less or a whole cigg less until you are down to none(lower it weekly). That way your body gets used to smoking less and then cut it down to a couple puffs a day only when you really feel the need. Then try to go without it altogether...Find something for the oral addiction if you can-a friend used cinnamon sticks. That way if you feel like you need it you have something to put in your mouth that isn't going to cause you to gain weight and it will still be able to fulfill that oral sensation associated with smoking.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM

You need to cut out almost all the soda and junk food.  Eat whole grains, fresh fruits/veggies, lean meats.  Look for what veggies are in season at the store.   To be healthy a person typically needs to eat 6 meals a day.... Breakfast (should be largest meal of day), mid morn snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, dinner, snack before bed.  This is for gaining or losing weight.  All the calories you are consuming are empty, they have no nutritional value. 

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

you dont need to detox per se just reduce the amount of coke you drink or rather for every coke you drink, have a glass of water as well, add more fruit and veggies and limit yourself to maybe 1 cheat day per week where you can eat whatever you want.  I would also start taking a daily multivitamin to fill in the gaps in your diet.  Obviously smoking isnt good for you, so just try and limit yourself as much as you can.

Good luck!

opinionatedmom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

increase your protien

TessB
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I agree with this. One day at a time, one step at a time. Say this month you are going to cut down on sodas, next month you will cut down on smoking, the next month a healthy breakfast, then lunch, etc. No need to go 100% for five days and give up.

It is said that it takes 30 days to develop a habit. In 12 months you could successfully develop (add, or change) 12 habits. That is quite a bit when you think about it!

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I would start small with your goals...Try to knock down on the soda first by replacing 1 glass with with until you are down to 3 cans amount per day or less. Get yourself a reusable water bottle or buy water bottle packages and keep several with you at work or fill it up as it empties. Then I'd work on keeping snacks with you at all times that are healthy...Like apples and peanut butter(one of my faves), carrots with dip or without, trail mix(my favorite is craisin and chocolate because you still get junk but the nuts help keep you satisfied and not hungry), meal or cereal bars(with your need for more calories I'd go with a meal bar because they have more calories but healthier is always better). If you are busy during lunch, then try to make your lunch while making breakfast and make it something that you could easily eat while on the go(like a wrap or something)...If you go out to eat for lunch choose something with lower calories but a decent amount of protein(snack wrap is a good one, salad with chicken is great, chicken sandwich) and pair it with a yogurt or a salad(if you didn't get a salad for lunch of course). Then eat whatever you want for dinner but try to make it balanced with meat, veggies, and a little bit of carbs(like rice or potatoes). Eat fruit as a snack if you can...I'd aim for 3-4 fruits per day.

And don't be too hard on yourself if you don't eat well one day...Just get back on the horse the next day. For me I don't follow plans because I can't stick to them at all...I just try to eat as healthy as I can. Once you have a good eating habit in place work on cutting down the amount of ciggarettes you smoke daily...Make it a goal to smoke half a cig less or a whole cigg less until you are down to none(lower it weekly). That way your body gets used to smoking less and then cut it down to a couple puffs a day only when you really feel the need. Then try to go without it altogether...Find something for the oral addiction if you can-a friend used cinnamon sticks. That way if you feel like you need it you have something to put in your mouth that isn't going to cause you to gain weight and it will still be able to fulfill that oral sensation associated with smoking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)