• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not feeling my best...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:33 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'll be 33 weeks on Thursday...and I recently lost all appetite. I want to eat solid foods but everytime I make myself something to eat I take a couple bites and feel nauseas and can't eat anymore. I've been surviving on Naked smoothies. I just don't know what to do and I don't know why I feel this way...I'm just so tired and depleted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Get in touch with your doctor.  It could be something very serious and harm the baby.  I am sure it could just be like reflux though.  Make your own smoothies and it will be cheaper.  You can make your own blends even to suit your tastes.   I love smoothies for when i dont feel like eating but i am not pregnant either.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I agree with the pp.  talk to your doctor.  have you tried any ginger products like ginger ale or ginger beer?  they may hep with the nausea a bit

Miss_MikLain
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Soooo...drink ginger ale when I eat? Or before I eat? Or after I eat?? And if it changes anything my BH contractions have really started up lately as well...and I know I need to speak with my doc but I guess part of me was waiting to till my appt next week (I'm bi weekly at this point. It feels good to not have to see them every week lol) to see if anything changed. I'm worried and that probably isn't helping my appitite either lol

Quoting shadow_lark:

I agree with the pp.  talk to your doctor.  have you tried any ginger products like ginger ale or ginger beer?  they may hep with the nausea a bit

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:00 AM
My reflux isn't bad anymore. Actually it calmed down and I had a great appitite for a while and then idk what happened...but then again I haven't been eating tons of solid food so maybe that's keeping it at bay also lol! But what kinds of things do you think could be wrong? I mean I have no clue so your input is extremely valued.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Get in touch with your doctor.  It could be something very serious and harm the baby.  I am sure it could just be like reflux though.  Make your own smoothies and it will be cheaper.  You can make your own blends even to suit your tastes.   I love smoothies for when i dont feel like eating but i am not pregnant either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:20 AM
While you are eating. little sips should help. are you ok with milder foods, or is it everything that makes you sick?

Quoting Miss_MikLain:

Soooo...drink ginger ale when I eat? Or before I eat? Or after I eat?? And if it changes anything my BH contractions have really started up lately as well...and I know I need to speak with my doc but I guess part of me was waiting to till my appt next week (I'm bi weekly at this point. It feels good to not have to see them every week lol) to see if anything changed. I'm worried and that probably isn't helping my appitite either lol

Quoting shadow_lark:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_MikLain
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM
I had a corn dog earlier...but when I tried a salad I felt sick. Rice with cream of mushroom, sick. Mac n cheese, sick. I've found success with the Edy's whole fruit popsicles. But most stuff makes me feel nauseas (I never actually vomit tho. I just feel nauseas and then I can't eat anything else) and sometimes when I do feel "hungry" by the time I fix something (even easy mac) I'm not hungry.

Quoting shadow_lark:

While you are eating. little sips should help. are you ok with milder foods, or is it everything that makes you sick?

Quoting Miss_MikLain:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I am thinking the baby could possibly be sitting on or laying on your stomach causing no appetite.  You can just call in to doctor and see if they have any advice to give over phone.  Of course reflux wouldnt be causing trouble when there is no real food in your stomach.  For gingerale just sip it through out the day to help keep the nausea at bay.  I hate being nauseous.  Nausea can be a sign of Vit B deficiency I think, I could be wrong.   I am not a doctor so not sure what else could be wrong.  I am just a worrywart when it comes to health.  I had severe edema while pregnant.

Quoting Miss_MikLain:

My reflux isn't bad anymore. Actually it calmed down and I had a great appitite for a while and then idk what happened...but then again I haven't been eating tons of solid food so maybe that's keeping it at bay also lol! But what kinds of things do you think could be wrong? I mean I have no clue so your input is extremely valued.

Quoting frndlyfn:

ChelleBoo23
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM
I was like that during my last few weeks I couldn't eat or walk my legs were so weak an everyone I went to the doctor they said it was fine..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)