• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like I'm back in high school. My skin has never looked this bad :(

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:42 AM
  • 26 Replies
For the past couple of weeks, my face has been breaking out so bad. This morning, I counted 32 zits from forehead to chin. It hasn't been this bad in 10 years. Most are small, some are medium, and a couple are ginormous volcanoes. And NOTHING is working. I just want to cry.
Makes me glad DH is away at school for another 6wks or so. Hopefully it'll clear up before he comes home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I was like that after having my first child. I went on accutane and it literally changed my life.  I feel kind of silly saying that, but I've never had any major issues since - just the occasional patch here or there the week before my period.

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I sorry. I have never Been through that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM
I just started dealing with this a couple months ago. I stopped my birth control cause that's whatci thought it was. I haven't changed any makeup or face wash or anything. It drives me crazy. My breakout are on my neck to. Ick. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Have you changed anything in your diet or skin care? Also remember when starting acne treatment systems it will get much worse first and then get better. Don't forget to use a moisturizer no matter what but if you need try a moisturizer specifically for your skin type. I have learned a ton about these issues from personal experience and also for the products I sell. If you'd like more advice let me know and I'll try to help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Sleep on a clean unused towel over your pillow everynight. You will notice a difference!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:51 AM
so true!

Quoting mybabyapples:

Sleep on a clean unused towel over your pillow everynight. You will notice a difference!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coca.Cola
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:52 AM

My skin changed when I turned 30. I had to start a whole new skin care routine. I was told it changes every ten years or so. 

Apollos82
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM
It could very well be hormonal and nutritional rather than your actual skin...try doing a detox cleanse!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs0710
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:54 AM
I changed cleansers a couple months ago, but it isn't anything I haven't used before. And nothing different in my diet.

Quoting armybratmom612:

Have you changed anything in your diet or skin care? Also remember when starting acne treatment systems it will get much worse first and then get better. Don't forget to use a moisturizer no matter what but if you need try a moisturizer specifically for your skin type. I have learned a ton about these issues from personal experience and also for the products I sell. If you'd like more advice let me know and I'll try to help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Did you change cleansers because of this issue or did it start up after the change?

Quoting lovebugs0710:

I changed cleansers a couple months ago, but it isn't anything I haven't used before. And nothing different in my diet.

Quoting armybratmom612:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)