Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I saw a car magnet that confused the hell outta me today...Army wives, help me out here.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:51 AM
  • 13 Replies
I'm an Army wife, but I've never heard this before and it had me a little confused.
On the back of a car, driven by a very middle-aged woman, was a huge magnet (bigger than an 8x10 photo), and it said "My Army Bitch..toughest job in the Army."
Any guesses as to what that's supposed to mean? Every stoplight we had to stop at, I noticed people look at it and the majority of them looked like they couldn't figure it out either.
Personally, I would never put the words "bitch" and "Army" on the same magnet and then continue to drive around an Army installation. Hell I wouldn't even have "bitch" anywhere on my car but that's just me.

****It just irritates me. As military wives, we are expected to act and present ourselves in a certain, I guess "dignified" manner, because in turn we represent our husbands--the ones in uniform. I wouldn't want to have stuff like that on my vehicle knowing I'm supposed to be supporting my husband and our military. I take being an Army wife seriously. I don't dress like a slut, I don't get in fights, I don't get sloppy drunk in public, hell I don't even go out to bars or clubs (really its just not my thing anyways). I'd rather not do anything that might be frowned upon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsix
by faith on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Maybe her husband bought it for her...?

mama2ameira
by Miss Christina on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:53 AM
no idea heres a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs0710
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Maybe, but I still don't get it. I mean, if my husband called me a bitch, I'd knock him flat on his ass. Joking or not, he knows better.

***Plus, in the military life, spouses are expected to act and present themselves a certain way, because in turn we represent our husbands--the one in uniform.

Quoting cjsix:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdic
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

i've never seen that.... army wife toughest job in the army i've seen... but never that.  maybe she's a bitch?  i'm not sure.  weird.  that wouldn't go over well here.  

-army wife at a huge post lol.  

cjsix
by faith on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Oh,I agree...I just can't think of any other reason for it...shrugging

Quoting lovebugs0710:

Maybe, but I still don't get it. I mean, if my husband called me a bitch, I'd knock him flat on his ass. Joking or not, he knows better.

Quoting cjsix:

CountryStrong84
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh good Lord, lol. I have no idea but if I see one I'm vandalizing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I agree no matter what i wouldt have anything with bitch on my car.

UsArmyWife2001
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:03 AM
That's a new one to me too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I have no idea.... lol.

Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM
That one is new to me and I am an army wife and a soldier. I mean yeah some of the guy may think I can be s b***h and I know dh thinks I can at times but I wouldn't put that on my car. I have more respect than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)