Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need prayers, good thought or whatever it is you do!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:07 AM
  • 8 Replies
My dad is 100% disabled, and has very bad health in general, he has a disease called Wegners Granuloma Metosis, plus diabetes, end stage renal failure, along with some smaller problems. In the past 24 hours he has gotten very sick with a high fever and a wet cough (sounds like pneumonia cough) he is on oxygen and we have had to double the amount he is getting because he is having so much trouble breathing. He is in alot of pain and does not even have enough energy to take a deep breath to cough. He was rushed to the hospital by ambulance about 20 minutes ago. I am his caregiver when my mom is at work and I am really worried about him. With the health problems he has we were told that if he ever gets pneumonia and does not catch it early it could be deadly to him, since he has an extremely low immune system.
He just lost his father on April 13, 2012, and he was already taking that very hard. The most surprising part of this all is he is only 50 years old!
So please send prayers, good thoughts ect for our family tonight, I know that no one knows me really but I do not have anyone else to turn to tonight!
Thank you if you made it all the way through this post!! Sorry it got so long!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RLT2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Sending all good thoughts and wishes your way!

grey7399
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM

That is a lot, the poor guy.

Prayers & Hugs for you all.

cjsix
by faith on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:11 AM

huggingHugs Momma! You have been through alot the past couple weeks. I'm sorry...prayer for you and your family. 

countrymom0707
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Thank you guys, I know it is alot for him and our whole family to go through on a daily basis. His illnesses are enough that not only did he get SSDI on his first try (we never got an approval or denial letter, the check just started coming in less than 90 days from the application, but he also has to have someone care for him 24/7 so I actually get paid to stay home and take care of him. This normally only happens for elderly people who can no longer take care of themselves.
It has been a rough 4 years but we manage day by day. My family is very close. My dh, dd and I live with my parents just to take care of my dad so he is never alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sharon300
by Sharon on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Your dad is in my thoughts and prayers. 

ShyMama0817
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:25 AM
I know what it's like to have an ill dad. My heart goes out to you and your dad and everyone else in your family. He is so young, hopefully he will pull through this. (((hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friendlymom5
by Lisa on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:25 AM
I will keep him in my prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymom0707
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Thanks everyone, especially since I am not a known person around here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)