Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

essure...tubal..vasectomy...wwyd?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:58 AM
  • 9 Replies
I need to decide what to do.. i dont want to be on any birth control anymore.. im tired of all the side effects.. and plus dh and i decided that we are done having babies.. so the doc suggested ESSURE for me instead of getting TUBAL LIGATION to avoid having a long recovery... but idk ive read some pretty bad stories to both.. so should i just have dh do a vasectomy instead??... has anyone here had any of these done??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mrs.Winchester
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:59 AM

I wouldn't go with essure.  I've heard some HORROR stories.  I would look into vasectomy.  It's cheaper, shorter recovery, and really not that painful.  If you've had to take BC all these years I'm sure your husband can take one for the team, too  ;-)

sheramom4
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

How is DH about pain? I ask because my first husband had a vasectomy and I wanted to slap him through most of his recovery. Less than a year before I had had a c-section and was up and moving in less than 24 hours (slowly, but moving)...he whined and complained for 3 weeks about a pin-prick...so if he is a complainer...go for the tubal. It has been around for a long time and it is fairly simple (I have heard bad things about Essure). I had a tubal after I remarried and twwo more children but mine was part of a c-section and I didn't even notice it other than slightly heavier periods with a longer cycle (28 days to more like 32)....

mirm99
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:05 AM
Yea he will he says he'll do it... but honestly I know he'll be crying and being a baby about it the whole week.. lol..

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

I wouldn't go with essure.  I've heard some HORROR stories.  I would look into vasectomy.  It's cheaper, shorter recovery, and really not that painful.  If you've had to take BC all these years I'm sure your husband can take one for the team, too  ;-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:09 AM
That's exactly why I don't want him to get it.. I had 2 csections too and same as u I was up and walking the same day.. and dh is a HUGE baby.. and I have ZERO patience for it.. specially w a 4...3...1 yr olds..

Quoting sheramom4:

How is DH about pain? I ask because my first husband had a vasectomy and I wanted to slap him through most of his recovery. Less than a year before I had had a c-section and was up and moving in less than 24 hours (slowly, but moving)...he whined and complained for 3 weeks about a pin-prick...so if he is a complainer...go for the tubal. It has been around for a long time and it is fairly simple (I have heard bad things about Essure). I had a tubal after I remarried and twwo more children but mine was part of a c-section and I didn't even notice it other than slightly heavier periods with a longer cycle (28 days to more like 32)....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isyn3cams
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:11 AM
what have you heard about essure??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mirm99
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:19 AM
I read the coils used to block can become loose... infections.. pregnancies.. they're not placed correctly by the doctors.. its a newer procedure so that's scarier.. lol

Quoting isyn3cams:

what have you heard about essure??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stpreggers
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:23 AM
I've heard bad things about essure that end in hysterectomy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Have him go to Dr. Hackemoff.  It's a lot less risky than a tubal or Essure.  My husband had a V and he said it's really not so bad.

mirm99
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Where is that doc????... im in
AZ

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Have him go to Dr. Hackemoff.  It's a lot less risky than a tubal or Essure.  My husband had a V and he said it's really not so bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)