• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Silly questions?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:35 AM
  • 11 Replies

I feel so ridiculous for asking about this ha ha but here goes...

I dunno how many people have heard of or used a Bella-Band but if you have help would be appreciated. 

<--This contraption. I got one at the pregnancy center I go to and I was pretty excited since they're upwards of $20 everywhere I've looked. I tried it... I hate it! I feel like every single time I sit down or bend down, when I get back up I have to pull my pants up and put the stupid thing back in place. It's like it doesn't grip to my pants or hold them up unless I plan on standing up completely still all day. I don't understand. Am I not wearing it correctly? It doesn't exactly come with instructions and being a first time mom I dunno how your supposed to know how to work half the things you end up needing to wear. (My pant fitting problem is mostly due to my butt not really my tummy lol)

Also if any one's bored or has the time.. Go here and click through all the things..->  http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/maternity-fashion/articles/maternity-clothes-starter-guide.aspx

How much of that do you really need? I'm 20 weeks but not even really big so I haven't bought much. Which brings me to my last question.. Why am I still so small?! I know I should be asking my OB but he didn't seem concerned and said it was probably just my body type. I just look at everyone else's 20 week pics and everyone seems to be way bigger than me. My mom's friend has a daughter who's about my body type and only 2 weeks ahead of me with her second baby and she is huge already. If my baby's about the size of a cantaloupe where in the heck is she hiding?!

XOXO Ariella♥ 
CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stockuponlove
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't answer any of your questions. But I hate how small you are. Lol
It seemed like the moment I found out I was pregnant I gained 60 lbs. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsAriella
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I've gained a total of 14lbs so far... I just dunno where the heck it is lol

Quoting stockuponlove:

XOXO Ariella♥ 
CafeMom Tickers

stockuponlove
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Yeah from that picture I dont know where it is either. Maybe the shoes your wearing. Lol

Quoting MsAriella:

Quoting stockuponlove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsAriella
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Hahaha ya I wish!

Quoting stockuponlove:

Yeah from that picture I dont know where it is either. Maybe the shoes your wearing. Lol

Quoting MsAriella:

Quoting stockuponlove:

XOXO Ariella♥ 
CafeMom Tickers

stockuponlove
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:51 AM
My cousin was the same way. But she is tall and was so sad about not showing. I told her to shut her whore mouth cause women usually kill not to gain like they ate a whale and small dolphin army.
Yes I always talk to my cousin this way, no she isn't a whore. Lol

Quoting MsAriella:

Hahaha ya I wish!

Quoting stockuponlove:

Quoting MsAriella:

Quoting stockuponlove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:52 AM

I was little like you, when I was pregnant. I would use a hair band (I forget what they're called, but the rubber band thing you use to make pony tails), and loop it around the botton on my pants, poke it through the hole, then slide it back over the button. Then just wear a long shirt to cover the button. I got away with this till about 8 months. 

I tried the band thing, I hated it. I also had a friend at the time use tube tops, instead of buying that thing. She said it worked just as good.

Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:54 AM

The size of your tummy can be just where she is positioned(further back towards your spine=less baby bump). If everything is measuring right then there is no need to be worried. Second and subsequent pregnancies tend to show MUCH faster and usually larger than the first.

You are doing it right...The bands whether they be attached to the pants or not tend to roll down(PITA lol). I have found though, that if you get the pants with the built in belly band/belly hider it tends to not come down as much because they are higher over the bump...BUT that being said it doesn't work as well if your belly is too small. The ones that don't go up over the biggest part of the belly fall down more. I wore a Motherhood Maternity belly band my whole second pregnancy from 10 weeks or so on...But I am overweight so my belly was already big to begin with and I couldn't afford to buy a bunch of maternity jeans...So I got the one belly band and wore it with all my pants unbuttoned until I gave birth.

Yvette209
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:01 AM
It just depends on person. One of my friends didn't really show at all it just look like she gained a LIL weight. But when she hit 7 Mon she got her baby bump but it still wasn't big n her bby weighed 7lbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:04 AM

Oh and as for the website list...Just wing it based on what you like and want. For me I didn't buy anything but a a pair of jeans, a pair of capri pants(the jeans and capris both had the built in belly band), a light 3/4 sleeve zip up jacket that could be used to nurse in(I still use it 9 months later lol), and about 5 camisole tops(they helped keep the belly band up and are perfect for nursing in public with a double layer). I just wore my regular clothes other than that...I wear my shirts a little big(not form fitting) and my pants were good with the belly band. I didn't do maternity underwear-I just wore my regular ones rolled down in the front(couldn't tell by looking at me).

kiowaqueen
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:06 AM
Give it time girl and you'll "pop" lol i never really showed until my 7th and 8th month... also im very hippie or wide lol soo i guess its how baby is carried and body type.. but trust u will look "huge" in due time :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)