• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bad bad day, who does this??

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:04 AM
  • 4 Replies
I just got back from a nice vacation with the kids to go see my husband graduate basic training, and visit my best friend. I had rented a car.
My dad had my truck the majority of the time we were gone. He parked it at my apt complex the day before i got back. I had to move it over to visitor parking so I could park my rental car in my space.
Turned in the rental yesterday, and my dad walked with me back to the apt since I had my hands full with the kids, and I needed help carrying the carseats. We get to my truck, I put in the carseats, dad checks over the truck to make sure nothing is missing. Then I check the truck. Everything is fine.
Today, I had to go get groceries. I put the kids in, walk over to the driver side, and there's a gas cap lying next to my truck. Sure enough, it was mine. I have a locking gas cap. The lock is destroyed. Crap.
Start the truck, I have 1/8 of a tank. When i left, I had at least 1/4 tank. And I'm pretty sure my dad filled it up while I was gone since he had used it before and said he'd fill my tank when i got low on gas since it was full when he used it.
Wonderful. I go get groceries, a new gas cap, and then discover my tire is missing out the back of the truck. WTF...
Dad might have the tire. I know he cleaned out the truck while i was gone, and i can't remember if the tire was there or not. But I'm pretty sure it was there.
Just great...
So i go to the gas station to fill up. I'm sitting there watching the price of my gas get higher and higher, and bam! All of a sudden, gas splashes all over. I look down thinking maybe I overfilled and the gas dispenser didn't automatically stop.
Nope. The side of the truck was dry. The gas had spilled out underneath. I look and there's a hose not clamped to anything.

Can anything else go wrong????? I have to call my dad in the morning and have him check out my truck, find out if he has my tire, and find out if he filled my gas tank or not.

FML
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Yeah that is one sucky day! Someone cyphined my dad's Dodge one time when he was parked at the river...In the middle of friggin nowhere! He was drained of all but like 3 gallons which was just enough to make it to a gas station. They usually put those hoses on there to keep people from wrecking their paint jobs I think...You gotta watch your pumping because not all pumps stop(my mom works at a gas station that doesn't stop and gets chewed out by customers who get pissed lol)....Like pay attention to how much it takes to fill it and if it's partially full but going to far just stop pumping.

SandraJo
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:23 AM
I don't think it was the dispenser since it spilled out underneath. I had only put in 11 gallons, and i can put in 14 or 15 when I'm at 1/8 tank.
And i was at my usual pump. Which always shuts off automatically. I don't think that hose is supposed to go to nowhere. It had a clamp attached to the open end. I'm having dad check it in the morning when It's daylight and. He'll be able to see better.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Yeah that is one sucky day! Someone cyphined my dad's Dodge one time when he was parked at the river...In the middle of friggin nowhere! He was drained of all but like 3 gallons which was just enough to make it to a gas station. They usually put those hoses on there to keep people from wrecking their paint jobs I think...You gotta watch your pumping because not all pumps stop(my mom works at a gas station that doesn't stop and gets chewed out by customers who get pissed lol)....Like pay attention to how much it takes to fill it and if it's partially full but going to far just stop pumping.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stockuponlove
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:36 AM
People suck I swear. My car has a weird thing in the tank. Only metal to metal will unlock it or the special funnel that comes with the car. Pretty nice, but because it doesn't have a gas cap the first time I went to put gas in it I felt stupid trying to figure out how to get the gas cap off that didn't exist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VG74
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:16 AM
You should call the non-emergency number and file a report that you had gas & a tire stolen. That sucks that you have to deal with all this, especially when you've just gotten back from a vacation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)