• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost got my bro arrested...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:29 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Not even 30 minutes ago, I was about to go to sleep with my SO when I hear this tapping on the window. At first, I thought; junebugs! Damn those gross crawly things, hitting my window at 3am! Then I hear it again, getting harder. Something didn't add up to me, so I go to peek out the blinds, and there's a black figure sitting out there waving at my window. Holy fuck right?! So I wake SO up and sneak my way downstairs, having SO stay up and report to me from the window what's going on. I knock on my mom's door and tell her about someone being outside, she gets the gun from her closet and calls the police. 
Now I have a schizo brother, P,  who does some weird things; not that he can help it, so SO isn't that worried, thinking that it's him. But P is one of those kinds of people who has keys for every door and keeps them on him because he is so peranoid. (He even locks his bedroom door just to go to the bathroom.) 
A few minutes afterwards, SO reports that he's at the door, but no lights are on so we can't see who it is, so we stay in the rooms. SO now says a cop is pulling up and the person is walking away from the door and towards the road. With that, we go to the door and open to get a better look at everything. Still very dark out, so we can't see anything. 2 more cop cars pull up and they have the person surrounded, shining lights on him for only a second before walking up to the door asking us if we knew him or not, how long we've lived in our house, any reason to suspect him. About 2 weeks ago, mom had her car broken into and was robbed, and the cops lights showed only his back towards us, he was too skinny to be P. When we squint a little more, we notice about 3/4 of his face, and omg my heart sank... "It's my brother...holy crap..." 

What a waste of the police's time...I feel like such a moron... 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiowaqueen
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww better safe then sorry...lol thats crazy...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GomezMami2908
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:33 AM

Better safe than sorry, I would have done the same thing.

mstkn.identity
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:37 AM
Agree with them ^^^^^ better safe then sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candymonster
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:44 AM

lol, that's what everyone tells me; but my bro got into the house and was saying "In what case does an intruder first throw things at your window, then wave at you?..." I was so red with embarrassment, lmao.

christi34
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:53 AM
How was you suppose to know. You were just awaken by a weird noise. Its not like you we're expecting that to happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Benjamins-mama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM

better safe than sorry but i laughed at your brothers comment.  

Quoting Candymonster:

lol, that's what everyone tells me; but my bro got into the house and was saying "In what case does an intruder first throw things at your window, then wave at you?..." I was so red with embarrassment, lmao.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
weirdgothmom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Awe maybe its prego hormones but i wanna cry and give you both a hug *sniff* *sniff*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meagan0716
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Aww I agree better safe than sorry. What happen to his keys?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candymonster
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Quoting weirdgothmom:

Awe maybe its prego hormones but i wanna cry and give you both a hug *sniff* *sniff*

Lol awe, thanks :)
Candymonster
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Quoting meagan0716:

Aww I agree better safe than sorry. What happen to his keys?

It was my other brother who doesn't live with us anymore, sorry I should've mentioned that but I was loopy with exhaust when I wrote the post. But he figured it would be better to drive to our house since he was a city away instead of three cities to his house. My mom takes sleeping pills so he kept calling her phone but she wouldn't wake up, and I guess he doesn't have any one else's number, so this was his second thought.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)