Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you send her?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM
  • 11 Replies

My dd in 8th grade starts her state wide Math exam today.  It will continue Thursday and Friday as well.  She is not feeling all that well and stayed home from school yesterday with a fever.  She has no fever today but she's still not feeling well. But because of the test she is going.  But she has an after school Math class that she usually attends on Wednesday for about 2 hours.  The class is to prepare her for a another math test in June Do I send her to the after school program or have her come home after school to rest up.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Id have her come home unless she feels that she would be okay. Have her call you to let you know how she's feeling at the end of the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd send to to school just for the test then pick her up right after the test and have her come home and rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3monkeys2love
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:15 AM
One day isn't going to hurt, I would have her go home. As long as she doesn't miss the big test she can go home and get well quicker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:15 AM

I would say it depends on how she feels after school.

SOCO101
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I'd let her decide if she feels up to it or not.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

If I send her to school and she stays the whole day I have to send a note with her this mornig to get her out of afterschool.  otherwise he won't let her go home after homeroom because the math teacher is her homeroom teacher.

TableforSeven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Most schools won't allow a child to come to any school-programs if they weren't in class during the day....so if she doesn't go to school today you should call and see if she's allowed to attend the after-school math class.

If she's not feeling well....best for her not to go today -- especially if the school is ALL about testing like so many public schools are.  She won't do well on the test.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting notjstasocermom:

If I send her to school and she stays the whole day I have to send a note with her this mornig to get her out of afterschool.  otherwise he won't let her go home after homeroom because the math teacher is her homeroom teacher.

well then have her go to the afterschool thing

beerebelly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Quoting momma2b2008:

I'd send to to school just for the test then pick her up right after the test and have her come home and rest.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM
So would I.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)