Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son got up and got his own inhaler last night

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM
  • 14 Replies
He will be 7 and has pretty bad asthma. He normally would come in and wake me up..but I guess last night he did it himself. Even got some water to rinse his mouth out afterward.
He was coughing slightly this morning when I woke up and his inhaler with spacer was on the couch and a glass of water was on the endstand. When I flipped the tv on it was muted and on Nick jr,I had it on ABC before I went to bed.

I asked him If he got up. He said yes. I asked him why he didn't come get me. He said he knows what to do and of it didn't work he would have got me.

:(

My baby doesn't need me anymore. LOL. But in a way,it's kind of sad. He's growing up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
divinedimension
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:47 AM
I think it is awesome that he knows how! This is good for emergency situations. My 10 year old son has asthma and he still doesn't use the inhaler right..have to help him every time!
coleysmama
by Lisa on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Glad hes ok but I would have told him to make sure he gets me even if he thinks he would be fine.
Asthma is too serious to leave it up to him in the middle of the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Emmy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:49 AM

yes it is good he can recognize when he needs it and knows how to use it. He could save his own life one day

mackQuin
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
He's had it so long he's pretty good at it .now get can't do it without a spacer,but he can with one just fine.and he can't work the nebulizer..he spills the medicine and can't get the tubing on. But his inhaler with spacer,he knows how to work that.

Quoting divinedimension:

I think it is awesome that he knows how! This is good for emergency situations. My 10 year old son has asthma and he still doesn't use the inhaler right..have to help him every time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Wow that's amazing. My ss is 8 and has downs he's pretty good at getting his inhaler also. He doesn't need it often though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackQuin
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I reminded him to come get me. I didn't know. It's not like I didn't get up for the hell of it.

Quoting coleysmama:

Glad hes ok but I would have told him to make sure he gets me even if he thinks he would be fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackQuin
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:51 AM
My son still needs his weekly. We have blown through three different kinds of preventive and strengths. He is on dulera now.

Quoting deadlights86:

Wow that's amazing. My ss is 8 and has downs he's pretty good at getting his inhaler also. He doesn't need it often though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hotpink06
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I know how that feels 

divinedimension
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM
O.o I am terrified of dulera. You ok with him being on that stuff?
coleysmama
by Lisa on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Woah, relax, didn't accuse you of anything... Lol
I know it was him that decided to not wake you.

It sounded like you were proud of him and ok with it. Glad that you're not and you reminded him that he needs to get you.

Quoting mackQuin:

I reminded him to come get me. I didn't know. It's not like I didn't get up for the hell of it.

Quoting coleysmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)