Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who's the selfish one now

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 AM
  • 58 Replies

My friend is due to get released from the hospital tomorrow and before they release him, they wanna make sure he has someone who can clean and re bandage his wound three times a day. 6am 2pm and 10pm. He texted me this morning and asked me if I could do it. This man knows I have to work and I have finals to study for. He also knows I have a 1 year old kid. He's gonna be staying with his mom and sis while he heals and I understand they don't like to look at stuff like that but I think its wrong of him to expect me to be there 3 times a day when I have a life. Now I'm really convinced that he is setting me up to look like a bad friend. I don't wanna do it!

Am I being selfish?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerebelly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Why can't his mom or sis do it??

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Asking you to do something is setting you up? You need to tell him you don't want to be his friend. I can't imagine thinking something bad about a person constantly and yet calling them.my friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MWV85
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:17 AM
4 moms liked this

dont do it!

as a mom we have to do things for our kids that we dont like to see or touch; let HIS mom do it.

barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I don't think you are! Maybe you can get a schudle with his mom and sis, since they don't like to look at it. You go over 1 time and they each split the other times. Then maybe you wouldn't feel so bad, even though I totally see where you are comming from.

cherrywaves21
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Aren't you the one who didn't visit him and ask us if you were being selfish then?

Seriously, if you can't make time to see a friend in the hospital then yes you're selfish. It's beyond me why he would ask you for help since you could bother to go see him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:18 AM
What type of injury does he have that he can't do it himself? Why does he want you to do it?

Weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ideal_Lady
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:19 AM

They have a weak stomach.

Quoting beerebelly:

Why can't his mom or sis do it??

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
for fucks sake.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kool_Aide
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I think it's completely fine to say, I'm s sorry, but I have work and school on my plate and I would hate to let you down.
Ideal_Lady
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:23 AM

He likes to play victim.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Asking you to do something is setting you up? You need to tell him you don't want to be his friend. I can't imagine thinking something bad about a person constantly and yet calling them.my friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)