Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've convinced my child that I have supernatural powers

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:12 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
And extraordinary means of perception.

We moved within my complex from a 2 BR to a 3 BR when my son was around 9 mos. Shortly after she asked me how I moved the bathtub and the railing on the stairs. I told her I had super strong muscles so I was able to carry both.

More recently I informed her that when I was taking a shower I would be able to see everything I was doing in the next room. This morning I was making my bed and she asked me to watch her jumping over her foot stool. I told her I'd watch when I was done making the bed and she replied, "just watch with your back-eyes!"

Lmao I wonder what mommy super powers I can invent next.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melissa632
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM
I'm confused. Do you have a son, daughter or both?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Both

Quoting melissa632:

I'm confused. Do you have a son, daughter or both?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM
DD asks me "how do you know"? I open my eyes wiiiide and say mommy sees and knows everything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissa632
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Oh, ok...lol. You said you moved when your son was 9 months but then kept saying her & she, so I got a little lost...lol. Time for coffee.
Btw...my 9yo STILL thinks I have eyes in the back of my head...lol. And a few years ago, my teenaged step daughter was convinced I was a witch or something. I could be hundreds of miles away & still know when she was up to something...hehehe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM
When I was 16 my friend and I got pulled over because my friend had run a stop sign. 5 minutes later my dad called me to ask why I got pulled over. O.o

He was a HAM radio operator so he had heard it over the scanner. I couldn't get away with anything. Lol

Quoting melissa632:

Oh, ok...lol. You said you moved when your son was 9 months but then kept saying her & she, so I got a little lost...lol. Time for coffee.

Btw...my 9yo STILL thinks I have eyes in the back of my head...lol. And a few years ago, my teenaged step daughter was convinced I was a witch or something. I could be hundreds of miles away & still know when she was up to something...hehehe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Yah that backfires on me...my DD says she can too then and when I try to explain how its just for mommies she either pulls out a doll, says she will be one so she can too or makes me sit there while she tries it. Its exhausting so I gave up on it LOL 5 year old logic...

Quoting macysmom:

DD asks me "how do you know"? I open my eyes wiiiide and say mommy sees and knows everything!

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM

LOL

Quoting epoh:

When I was 16 my friend and I got pulled over because my friend had run a stop sign. 5 minutes later my dad called me to ask why I got pulled over. O.o

He was a HAM radio operator so he had heard it over the scanner. I couldn't get away with anything. Lol

Quoting melissa632:

epoh
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
My DD is pretty sure she can make objects move with her eyes like Matilda. Lol

Quoting KimmyShaw:

Yah that backfires on me...my DD says she can too then and when I try to explain how its just for mommies she either pulls out a doll, says she will be one so she can too or makes me sit there while she tries it. Its exhausting so I gave up on it LOL 5 year old logic...

Quoting macysmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM

LOL!

Quoting epoh:

My DD is pretty sure she can make objects move with her eyes like Matilda. Lol

Quoting KimmyShaw:

Quoting macysmom:

nerdymom28
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM

My dd learned a long time ago that mom sees and hears EVERYTHING. She still wonders how I do it. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)