Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

76 year old woman charged with 'Careless Driving'

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:29 AM
  • 21 Replies

Would this punishment be different if it were a younger person?

76 year old woman drives through a grocery store and hits 10 people, including a baby in a stroller, who luckily wasn't hurt. There were injuries but no deaths.  She says she hit the gas instead of the brake. She is charged with Careless Driving.

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkHairMAMA
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Oh wow!! She is lucky it doesn't include manslaughter charges!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Omg! She was lucky she didnt kill someone...I cant believe that nobody was killed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicsmama09
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Wow. Of course it would be more harsh for younger peraon. Did they take her license away?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ideal_Lady
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I'm surprised it didn't include harsher charges.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

PinkHairMAMA
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Yeah like destruction of property, endangering of a minor, etc there could be more. Wonder why they didn't.

Quoting Due9:

I'm surprised it didn't include harsher charges.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM
That hapened when I worked at mc donalds. Once an old lady mistook the gas for the break, drove right into the store, luckily it was early and there was oone in the lobby at that time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I think its crazy how most people just walk over like 'what?' when I would have been sprinting to see if the people she hit were ok

Due9
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I noticed that too. Maybe they're in shock?

Quoting EsmeVincent:

I think its crazy how most people just walk over like 'what?' when I would have been sprinting to see if the people she hit were ok

EsmeVincent
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I guess so...I mean that is just my first reaction is to make sure those people weren't dead...its a good thing that baby was in the infant seat attached to that travel stroller.

I mean we had a dog fight right infront of my house and my 1st reaction was to make sure ds was safe and my 2nd was(right after it was over and the dogs were under control) to make sure the owner of the 1dog that was attacked was ok and to see if her dog was ok.

Quoting Due9:

I noticed that too. Maybe they're in shock?

Quoting EsmeVincent:

Lilypie Fith Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)