• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medical Insurance Question

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM
  • 5 Replies
Do you know anything about pre-existing conditions? Dh is interviewing for a new job (new company). They offer health insurance immediately. I found out Sunday morning that we're pregnant again but wasn't sure of I should go to the dr now or just wait...would pregnancy be considered a pre-existing condition?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
oboe_chik
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM
In ks as long as its a group plan (ie not something you went out and bought yourself) pregnancy has to be covered no matter how far along you are. i would ask hr. No use in hiding it because if you do thats insurance fraud and you can get in major trouble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommylicious4
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM
you wont qualify for pregnancy insurance your consider high risk

now if you just found out i eait a min before letting insurance know so it can take affect but it depends on his policy and what they offer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM

pregnancy is  not a pre existing condition by law. And if you have had insurance, most of the pre existing clauses are waived.

Due9
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Yes it is pre-existing. But i believe if it's his employer offering insurance, which means a group plan, they have to except you regardless. If you were buying it privately they would not except you.

Husband and I want to try for another but are waiting to get our insurance approved before we start. We buy a private insurance policy.

JessicaEOH
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Awesome! Thanks!

Quoting darcibeisheim:

pregnancy is  not a pre existing condition by law. And if you have had insurance, most of the pre existing clauses are waived.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)