Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you an LPN?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM
  • 10 Replies
I'm an esthetician now but not making enough money so I think I'd like to become an RN so that I can use the two together.

My short term goal however is to become an LPN and work as such for awhile.

If you are an LPN: Do you love your job? What are the downfalls? Do you make enough money that you could comfortably support a family? Was the schooling extremely hard? Do you work in a hospital or another setting?

Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstricey
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidsrock91
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM
I'm a lpn pay I'd say is good. I actually do in home nursing with special needs children and I love it I also wanted to do rn but it would end up costing a lot of money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidsrock91
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Schooling is also easy and depends on we're u work by what pays hospital or private care pays more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spastic_poodle
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Thank you for the information!

Quoting kidsrock91:

Schooling is also easy and depends on we're u work by what pays hospital or private care pays more

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charmgirl
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caelynandcody
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I am LVN (Texas' version of LPN). I just got my license about 3 months ago. I work in a long-term care/rehab facility. They pay about $3 to $5 more per hour than the hospital here. I like my job because of the people I work with everyday, but I wouldn't recommend it as a first job. It's too hectic. But maybe that's just where I work. We only have two nurses on day shift for 60 residents. I don't know if other facilities have more people because this is the only place I have worked. I have two kids, and I can support them comfortably, but everyone's budget is different. School was difficult, but certainly not impossible. Just make sure you study! LOL.

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Bump

Due9
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I am an LPN but entered a bridge program last year and graduated with my RN. I think it's fairly easy if you study! There is alot of reading involved with the RN and more clinicals. Also, it is mostly critical thinking on tests. Which means that they give you scenarios and you have to choose the BEST answer. Critical thinking is very difficult for some people. You have to have time on your hands to succeed unless you are superwoman :-)

kitty8199
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Lpns have more clinicals to do than RNs to complete school. If you find an ASN program you can get your RN in the same amount of time.
Im a medic but have nurse friends who call themselves low paid nurses (lpn). Scope is basically the same(you cant hang blood) and pay is way less. Just go straight RN if you want money. RNs do more paperwork. Patient care pretty similar. RNs can work in more places, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spastic_poodle
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Le bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)