Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We lost my dh's grandmother this morning.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

I couldn't sleep all night.  I knew something bad was going to happen.  I couldn't shake it.  I thought it would be that most of us would lose our jobs today (new director appointed by governor and she's cutting a lot).  Then, I thought, it might be that my car will cost more to fix than we figured.

No, it was neither.  My dh's grandmother passed away this morning.  Now, I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest.  She is better off, I know that.  She's been ill for several years and really was willing herself to die the last few.  I just feel so bad for my MIL.  She lost her husband 8 years ago, but still had 2 boys to raise (raised 2 nephews).  They are grown now, so she's been taking care of her mother.  I know she feels so helpless - like there is no one for her take care of now.

Dh was fortunate to have his grandparents as long as he did.  He is 49.  She was the last one, he's very sad about that.  I lost all of mine by 22, so I know what he's feeling.

We'll be leaving for Alabama in the morning.  If you're the praying kind, please keep my MIL and family in your prayers through this difficult time.  Thank you.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
4flowers4ever
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Praying for you and your family. May God bless and comfort and keep you all at this time.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:28 PM

im sorry

priincessz
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Im sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stefvan
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Thank you, all.

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I was 13 when my grandmother died. I had a dream where my grandma came into my room and told me she loved me and I would be fine.  The next day we found out she died suddenly of a heart attack at the exact moment of my dream.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)