• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you guys think??? (EDITED SOME)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I report them?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

We moved into the house we are in now in September. We noticed about a week into being here that one of our neighbors always has about 5 different vehicles at thier house through out the day. We joked around about how we thought they were drug dealers because of the constant people coming and going, and its always a new vehicle we hadnt seen before. After a couple of months here and seeing that, we were pretty much sure they were doing drugs. We can even smell the weed sometimes at night. Now if they were just smoking thier own weed in the privacy of thier own house it would not bother me. 

A few weekends ago they had a garage sale and we went over to look. We say hello every now and then but we never really had a full conversation with them until that day at thier garage sale. They seemed pretty cool and his wife was really nice and our kids played well together. Well, as we were chatting we started talking about weed. (He asked if we smoked it and we said no) He then just starts chatting away about all the drugs he does and how he is selling it from his house and how he made more money from the drugs than from garage sale stuff that day. He even pulled it out to show me when my husband walked away to tend to the kids and its more than just weed. Its loads of pills and some other stuff I couldnt make out.. (he made it seem as if he was showing me something else) Needless to say, we got our kids and left. We have tried to avoid them as much as we can since then. 

Here is the thing, my hubby thinks we should call the police on them. I think we should just leave it alone, but then again, it kinda creeps me out having all those random drug dealers and such coming and going that close to my house. And our houses are close together. We live in a subdivision if that gives you an idea of the closeness. Our bathroom window literally looks into thier backyard. And they have young kids living amoungst all this!

Do you think I should call or leave it alone? We are only here until September when our lease is up. 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmomma232010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:14 PM

i would do it as anonymous 

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Me too!

Quoting lilmomma232010:

i would do it as anonymous 

strontium
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM

NOpe. Not your business. Until they do something super fucked up or become loud or obnoxious, its not your place really.... they keep to themselves and do their own thing.

If they were dealing meth or something... yeah. Those people should be avoided at all costs... but weed... I know plenty of "weed dealers" who only sell to close friends and are the chillest, nicest people in the world. and *gasp* they dont own guns and are not violent criminals either.

Anastazia975
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Definitly do it anon, and honestly,I'd wait until you move. Who knows what types of people hang out there! Good luck!
I forgot to add that I would do this if its something more than pot. Like cocaine, heroin, meth. Pot really isn't going to.do anything but deplete leftovers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I'd call the police and report them.
We had a similar problem in our old house...I felt SO MUCH BETTER and safer once the drug dealer across the street was in jail. 

sxylilmom
by Supergirl on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM
I should have posted but its more than weed. That's why I said if it was just weed I would not have an issue. It's loads pills also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickysmom71
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Leave it alone, if nothing bad is happening (meaning fights or shoot outs or them being loud)...just MYOB....

TableforSeven
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM

You NEED to report them.  Not only are they doing something illegal.  But - they are putting YOU and YOUR CHILDREN in danger with the constant sstream of druggies coming by to purchase from them.

We've dealt with this same situation....I slept SO MUCH better once the dealer was gone and the druggies weren't coming by at all hours of the day.

Quoting sxylilmom:

I should have posted but its more than weed. That's why I said if it was just weed I would not have an issue. It's loads pills also.

MamaBloom777
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:36 PM

They will get busted on their own accord, no doubt.  Eventually everyone does.  And if the husband is dumb enough to spout out his business to neighbors he barely even knows, then most assuredly he'll bust himself one day.  If it were me, I'd probably leave it alone.  It'd be too coincidental that the cops get an "anonymous" phone call just shortly after he blabbed his business to you.  I would fear it would come back on me or my family, but its your call.  

hp2011
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I was in a position like that. My neighbors sold weed and I didn't have an issue with it until fights started happening outside my house and cars would block my driveway.

I'd call if something like that happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)