Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get her out of this phase?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 12 Replies
My 2 year old Dd is always taking her clothes off, and running around naked. She tries to do this no matter where we are or what we are doing. How do I get her to keep her clothes on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyLehr
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I am right there with you! I have a dd5 and ds2. My dd has NEVER EVER liked clothes. As a baby she wouldn't allow us to wrap her in a blanket, and she was born in March in Michigan! You should have seen some of the looks!! Personally I let my kids run around with just underwear on. For a while and sometimes still, I have to remind her to put those on. Why fight it?  If you have no where you HAVE to be or no where to go? Is she potty training? Maybe she finds the clothes are hindering her in using the bathroom?

jeniemarie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:30 PM
my ds does this too he is also 2. so all i do is ket him wear only a diaper at home and even allow for some nakey time but he knows he has to leave his clothes on when we are out. its a phase my dd went through it to. hopefully it will end soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elayna90
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:32 PM
My kids were like that. If I didn't keep a close eye, they would be out of their clothes. I just let them run around a diaper in the house and enforce wearing clothes outside the house.
As they have gotten older they still tend to run around in underwear but they know when company is coming or we go out, they will have clothes on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM

My son does the same thing when we are home.

MommyLehr
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM
She has been potty trained since Jan. She usually takes her clothes off when she is on the potty, or if she has an accident and I tell her to go get herself some clean pants she just takes off all her clothes and runs away laughing. Lol. She also likes to take off all her clothes to sleep, and first thing when she wakes up. Lol basically she never likes clothes. I would be okay with her running around naked, it doesn't bother me at all... But my sister lives with us and she always has her bf or some other friends here, so letting her run naked isn't an option I'm comfortable with atm.

Quoting FebPenguins:

I am right there with you! I have a dd5 and ds2. My dd has NEVER EVER liked clothes. As a baby she wouldn't allow us to wrap her in a blanket, and she was born in March in Michigan! You should have seen some of the looks!! Personally I let my kids run around with just underwear on. For a while and sometimes still, I have to remind her to put those on. Why fight it?  If you have no where you HAVE to be or no where to go? Is she potty training? Maybe she finds the clothes are hindering her in using the bathroom?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Let her have allowed naked time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I never had that problem. My DS would pile on clothes and still does.

However when my BFF's DD would strip and streak it was cute. But she managed to break the habit by getting her a few bathing suits that she liked. The rule was... she could wear the bathing suits all she wanted. When they'd go out she could wear the bathing suit under her regular clothes but the second she'd take her regular clothes off in public ALL her bathing suits would go away.

FebPenguins
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

So what is the limited amout of clothes you would be okay with? Panties and a tee? Is she too warm? Could you offer her summer time clothes? Or do you find that she hates certain clothes? Maybe they itch her or are too tight and you just don't realize it? Just trying to come up with some ideas.

Quoting MommyLehr:

She has been potty trained since Jan. She usually takes her clothes off when she is on the potty, or if she has an accident and I tell her to go get herself some clean pants she just takes off all her clothes and runs away laughing. Lol. She also likes to take off all her clothes to sleep, and first thing when she wakes up. Lol basically she never likes clothes. I would be okay with her running around naked, it doesn't bother me at all... But my sister lives with us and she always has her bf or some other friends here, so letting her run naked isn't an option I'm comfortable with atm.

Quoting FebPenguins:

CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

duct tape  lol

I really don't know....this is something that's never been an issue.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)