• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keep your FING dog on a leash or in fenced in! Apparently anyone who thinks a dog should be leashed is overreacting.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 143 Replies

Poll

Question: Should dogs be on a leash in the city?

Options:

yes

no

they should be leashed in the country too!

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 182

View Results

Dezzy was out "walking" the dog. (she walks three houses one way and one the other way from our house. she is 8) when a friggin husky comes up! Rosie tries to protect her (a 5 month old cocker spaniel)! THANK GOD I got to them before ether of them got hurt! Husky ran away from me. I hate morons who don't care for their animals!

this is how populated it is where I live. That large patch of green is the park.

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I am still shaky,

lifehappy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I agree.

I had a farmer's wife threaten to shoot me because I maced their dog twice...both times after it chased me down the PUBLIC road where I was running.

Aislin
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM
5 moms liked this

Huskies are notorious escape artists. Its possible the owner doesn't know it found an escape. Either way the owner needs to fix the problem.

gypsy_rose
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:39 PM

animal control said there is one here that is ALWAYS out without it's owner.

Quoting Aislin:

Huskies are notorious escape artists. Its possible the owner doesn't know it found an escape. Either way the owner needs to fix the problem.

I love being married.  It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.  ~Rita Rudner

gypsy_rose
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

if my dog went after someone and ended up hurt or dead because of it I would NOT blame that person.

Quoting lifehappy:

I agree.

I had a farmer's wife threaten to shoot me because I maced their dog twice...both times after it chased me down the PUBLIC road where I was running.

Aislin
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

That's kinda sad. I hope the poor dog gets a responsible owner before something tragic happens

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Aislin:

gypsy_rose
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM

yep. I personaly think that the first time no fine then after each time found out about should be more and more money to get the dog back. 

Quoting Aislin:

That's kinda sad. I hope the poor dog gets a responsible owner before something tragic happens

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting Aislin:

Angelover
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Glad they were okay!

Liyoness
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

My mom always has this battle when she's out walking on trails. People are ALWAYS making a big stink and picking their dogs up or ushering them into their vehicles when my mom's dog comes running up to sniff and play. It's pretty sad. If she felt her dog was going to hurt another one, she'd have it on a leash, obviously.

I've had that with my purebread American Couch Dog, too. He's deaf, half blind, obese, and nearly dead. He doesn't even notice other dogs or people on the trails. But the moment we encounter another person, they immediately get defensive and huffy, assuming he's going to attack them because he looks like a pit bull.

*Shrug* I think people need to stop flipping out over small stuff.

gypsy_rose
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

First off WE ARE NOT IN THE COUNTRY. We were in our nehborhood IN THE CITY with houses close together. SECOND The owner was NO WHERE in sight. THIRD the dog tried to attack my daughter. My cocker protected her. FOURTH there are leash LAWS for a reason. FIFTH we are next to a HUGE park with LOTS of kids and all local baseball games are held there. 

Quoting Liyoness:

My mom always has this battle when she's out walking on trails. People are ALWAYS making a big stink and picking their dogs up or ushering them into their vehicles when my mom's dog comes running up to sniff and play. It's pretty sad. If she felt her dog was going to hurt another one, she'd have it on a leash, obviously.

I've had that with my purebread American Couch Dog, too. He's deaf, half blind, obese, and nearly dead. He doesn't even notice other dogs or people on the trails. But the moment we encounter another person, they immediately get defensive and huffy, assuming he's going to attack them because he looks like a pit bull.

*Shrug* I think people need to stop flipping out over small stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)