Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creative mommies! Help!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM
  • 11 Replies

My daughter is skating in a competition on mothers day she just figured out what music he was going to use and now we need to come up
With a costume. She is skating to bob marley ( not sure how many skaters skate to regge lol) so I need to figure out colors and a design for her dress. The pic is what a standard dress looks like the skirt can be longer but they need room to move and jump also the top can be anything from strapless to one shoulder to halter style or long sleeves.

Any ideas would be great I'm so lost in this aspect this is her first creative solo before she has just done figures and team events.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malissaL
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:41 PM

not sure..my first thoughts were one of those knit hats or maybe a brightly colored scarf wrapped around her head, , big earrings, a  bright sari sort of wrap (a short one so she can move freely)

jeremy1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Maybe you could do just whatever kind of black dress she wants and get a bunch of red, green , and yellow gemstones and glue them all over the outfit in some sort of pattern she likes so she will be sparkling with all the regee type colors . just a thought

LCWAmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Hmmmm that's an idea I wonder if we have time for that? I need tontalk to her coach she's good at that stuff lol plus she will be the one sewing for me!

Quoting jeremy1:

Maybe you could do just whatever kind of black dress she wants and get a bunch of red, green , and yellow gemstones and glue them all over the outfit in some sort of pattern she likes so she will be sparkling with all the regee type colors . just a thought

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:59 AM

green, red and yellow are often reflective of Marley or maybe a Jamaican flag motiff

annasew
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:10 AM

maybe yellow long sleeved with red and green stripes down the arms and banded at the bottom of a skirt.

jeremy1
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:17 AM

If you can find just a plan black dress she likes all you would need is gemstones and a good fabric glue. it would probably take a few hours if you do it none stop lol. you can always just randomly place the green, red and yellow gems, and Im looking at the dress in the picture just heavily gemstone the skirt and fade it out towards the top. Sothe gemstones would be very close together near the bottom and make it very sparkly at the bottom and then towards the middle the gemstones will be farther apart and then nothing at the top . black leotard, colored gemstones , fabric glue, many hours of glueing lol , good luck

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Hmmmm that's an idea I wonder if we have time for that? I need tontalk to her coach she's good at that stuff lol plus she will be the one sewing for me!

Quoting jeremy1:

Snuggles20
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:23 AM
I say maybe do an all black dress with the gimstones and make it one sholder with three little straps that are red green and yellow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3pippings
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I imagine the top will be like this

And the skirt is sort of .. braided like ... with some thin long (until above the knee) braided belt.

NatesMyBoy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:39 AM

I would encorparate natural fabrics.  Bright, but not gaudy or overdone.  Which song is she skating to? That makes a big difference. 

icantshowmyface
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Red yellow green are reggae colors
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)