Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I have my son confront his friend or should I go to the parents? UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM
  • 81 Replies

My son just noticed a few of his PS2 and wii games are missing..We went through his whole room and their not in there...We believe his friend who was over the other day and alone in his room has stolen the games (nobody else has been here) His friend was asking to borrow two of the games that are missing and my son told him no and now they are gone (5 games total are missing)

Should i allow my son (12) to confront his friend or do I go to the parents?

We don't plan on accusing him we just want to see if he has either A come home with the games or B my son wants to just ask his friend if he borrowed them with out permission!!

UPDATE****His friend showed up at my house so in front of me I allowed my son to ask his friend, his friend got real quiet and then said no, so my son asked him again and he said no (real quiet) and then said he had to go...So I called his dad and asked his dad about the wii games that were missing (All I said was I think he borrowed the games, but forgot to ask first, and that it wasn't that big of a deal we just needed them back because 2 of them belonged to my son's grampa) his dad got angry and said no he didn't have them so I asked if he could please just check to make sure and he told me no and hung up. So at this point the child is not allowed at my house and I am pissed because the 5 games total over 200....2 of the games don't even belong to my son they belong to his grampa and they were $50 each...so now my son has to explain to his gramp what happened :(

***EDIT 2****No point in calling the cops because the child is only 11 and in the state of NH they won't do anything or even question the child unless they are 12 and over and the parents are not held accountable for their child's actions....moving out of this state is not an option because I own my house..

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmama711
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM
I would talk to the parents about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
divinedimension
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM
I would go to the parents
KaroGreenly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd talk to the parents.

mommy259
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:01 PM

BUMP!

MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Parents. Kids lie.

nicole1319
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I would talk to his parents.

annasew

ask the parents if they are there.  the kid will most likley lie because he was told he couldnt borrow them.

JessicaEOH
Parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I suggest your son confront him first. If that does not work, he can tell his friend you will talk to his parents.

18hearts
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I would ask his parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)