Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I am in no way bashing but I have some questions ...

Why are cavemen not in the Bible along with dinosaurs?

If God made the earth then put Adam and Eve here how did other races come to be?
Why do you question scientific findings on evolution?

I just wonder these things, I don't bash religion I just question it from a scientific veiw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
LucyMom08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM
So if people moved and adapted to their environment, wouldn't that be evolution?

Quoting KWnavywife:

It's more complicated than a simple reply on cafe mom. But there are dinosaurs recorded in the Bible. As for the other races, there are a lot of factors in that, most having to do with different people migrating to different parts of the world and physically adapting to those conditions. That is REALLY over simplifying it BTW.

this is a good link for those types of questions. http://www.gotquestions.org/different-races.html

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KWnavywife
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, that would be adaptation. They didn't "evolve" into something other than a human. They adapted to their environment.  

Quoting LucyMom08:

So if people moved and adapted to their environment, wouldn't that be evolution?

Quoting KWnavywife:

It's more complicated than a simple reply on cafe mom. But there are dinosaurs recorded in the Bible. As for the other races, there are a lot of factors in that, most having to do with different people migrating to different parts of the world and physically adapting to those conditions. That is REALLY over simplifying it BTW.

this is a good link for those types of questions. http://www.gotquestions.org/different-races.html

Marilynxomonroe
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM
So basically its a form of evolution, so would that disprove the idea that evolution does exist?

Quoting KWnavywife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marilynxomonroe
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
But wouldn't skin pigmentation have to alter DNA, and when DNA is altered isn't that a form of mutation, (for lack of better word) and isn't mutation a form of evolution?

Quoting KWnavywife:

Nope, that would be adaptation. They didn't "evolve" into something other than a human. They adapted to their environment.  

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting KWnavywife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting KWnavywife:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting KWnavywife:

Evolution is any change across successive generations in the heritable characteristics of biological populations. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation

ev·o·lu·tion

[ev-uh-loo-shuhn or, especially Brit., ee-vuh-] Show IPA
noun
any process of formation or growth; development: the evolution of a language; the evolution of the airplane.
a product of such development; something evolved: The exploration of space is the evolution of decades of research.
Biology . change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.
a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.
a motion incomplete in itself, but combining with coordinated motions to produce a single action, as in a machine.
LucyMom08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Quoting Marilynxomonroe:

But wouldn't skin pigmentation have to alter DNA, and when DNA is altered isn't that a form of mutation, (for lack of better word) and isn't mutation a form of evolution?

Quoting KWnavywife:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting KWnavywife:

Yes

Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Quoting Marilynxomonroe:

If God made the earth then put Adam and Eve here how did other races come to be?

I just wonder these things, I don't bash religion I just question it from a scientific veiw.

Because the bible is flawed and not at all an accurate record of the world or societies time here.

question two - Because we did not all come from Adam and Eve.

Three - The bible is a book , that's all. It doesn't predict things and doesn't even explain past things.

Evolution happens. 

LucyMom08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Adaptation refers to the process wherein certain groups or individuals change their ways in order to be better suited to their environment and habitat. This is change is needed so that they can survive and maintain normal functioning in their community. For example, during winters or cold days, individuals learn to alter their homes and personal clothes to be able to live through the chilling temperatures.

Evolution, though, takes a long time. It is a process in which the genetic structure and physical anatomy change in relation to the changes happening in the environment. It does not occur overnight, but invokes generations in order to turn out into the best being suitable. Human beings are indeed an example, as evidenced from our ancestors the Homo erectus, to Homo sapiens, or basically, us. We are the proof of evolution

Holztastic
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:37 PM

The Bible has holes. Big ones. More holes than any other story I've read.

Marilynxomonroe
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM
I like this answer!

Quoting Tatum2U:

Quoting Marilynxomonroe:

Because the bible is flawed and not at all an accurate record of the world or societies time here.

question two - Because we did not all come from Adam and Eve.

Three - The bible is a book , that's all. It doesn't predict things and doesn't even explain past things.

Evolution happens. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)