• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you think?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
I went to pre-register at the hospital today for my c-section on May 4th. My doctor told me that they would tell me what time I needed to be at the hospital but when I asked they had no idea what to tell me. My c-section is sceduled for 12:30pm and one lady said maybe 8:30 or 9am...

Is it just me or is 4 hours a long time to be up there waiting? When I had my last c-section I was sceduled for 7a and they had me be there at 5:30a.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

When I had my c section, it was scheduled for 7:30 and I had to be there at 6.

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:39 AM

not sure how they do those things.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:44 AM

There are probably many factors that go into it, such as how many other operations/labors are scheduled for that day, staffing, when the anesthesiologist is available, if there was anything they needed to check on you and/or baby prior to the procedure, etc.

Good luck!

ff-princess
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:00 AM

when I scheduled my c-section, they did all the pre-registration stuff, but they didn't give me an actual time until the day before.  they have to see who all is on their roster, and what their ailment is, and what time your doc has operating hours.  if the doc ahead of him doesn't have patients to cover their whole slot, everyone else is moved up.

I think I only had to wait about two hours before they wheeled me back to surgery, and I know others had to wait until we were done to get in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)