Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tubal

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 6 Replies
So, I finally found a gyno that will do an ablation. Yay! Anyway, she said if I'm for sure done with kids they usually do a tubal at the same time.

If you've had a tubal, not right after birth, what was your recovery like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lovinmykiddo07
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM

No clue, sorry. I had Essure done instead.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:22 PM

C'mon.. someone has had to have had a tubal done! lol

Pnukey
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my tubal when my last was 10 months old. It was an outpatient procedure. I went in mid-morning. They did their thing.  After the nausea wore off, I went home, slept for the rest of the day and was up and about the next day. I was still slow and tender, but was back to my normal self in a few more days.

I love not having to worry about bc since my tubal. Just make sure they cut and cauterize those buggers because clamps can come undone.

totalbitch8604
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I had mine done in Oct of 04 when my son was 2 months old. They were gonna do it right after he was born but hurricane Ivan came through Pensacola Fl and they had to cancel my surgery.
After i woke up from surgery i was a little sore but i was up and about i even got up got dressed and put on and tied my own shoes after i got up from the bed. I was sore for a few days but it wasn't that bad, ooh and i have clamps i wasn't cut and burnt and i have had no problems!

mOmma2ABoyNGirl
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I had my tubal done 6 years ago and I regret it so much,I am only 29 and would love to have another Baby,just make sure You really want a tubal before You get one,if I had the $ I would so get a reversal surgery done.

mOmma2ABoyNGirl=Formerly Known As MommySara2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)