Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BUNKIE BOARD and BOX SPRING

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

I need some information from you ladies. I just got a new bunk bed matress fior my DS. Will he need a box spring. I found something called a bunke board that provides support. Is that the same thing? 

http://www.cymax.com/WolfCorp-Bunkie-Board-for-Bunk-Beds-BUFXRPL.htm

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JadeStorm

BUMP!

JadeStorm

BUMP!

JadeStorm
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM

BUMP!

LisaJ8720
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Yes, a bunkie board is the same as a box spring. It takes up much less space though. On my kids bunk bed, we have a bunkie board on the bottom bunk (otherwise you couldn't get on there) then a box spring on top. The only reason we have a box spring is that we had it already, but would have had to buy a bunkie board.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I think it's optional. We've never used bunkie bed boards. H*** I've never heard of those til this post. LOL But box springs aren't really needed.

babipeanut
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM

A box spring MAY make it too high for the rail to keep the child in the bed --a bunkie board is thinner and then put a mattress on top of it.

LCWAmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM
We just use a piece of plywood wrapped in cloth the bunkie board is a wood frame with cardboard and a little padding on top my husband climed up into Te kids bed to put the sheet in and put his knee through the bunkie board!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)