Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

PSA from someone who may be changing your baby's diaper

Posted by   + Show Post
For the love of all that is good, if you are going to send your child to daycare/child care at the gym/church nursery, etc... Please refrain from the hype of a new dangled diaper and avoid the Huggies slip in diapers.

I work the church nursery 2 times a month. I get to love on, read stories to and play with 15-18 playful, active and sometimes fussy one year olds. When diaper changing time rolls around and 10-12 of those sweeties are wearing pull on diapers, I have to completely remove the shoes and pants of said child, change diaper and then completely redress your munchkin...and stuffing those sweet, chubby toddler feet back into their Sunday shoes isn't fun. And it takes diaper changing FOREVER.

Stick to the tabs, mamas!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
Alliemad_3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Yes. Because that's exactly what I'm doing.

I'm complaining about a ridiculous product that irritates me in a twice monthly basis. Not literally telling people what to use. You understood that...right? I mean, you made that comment just to be a snarky stick in the mud...right? Or are you purposely dense?

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

It's really not your place to dictate what type of diaper a parent uses. It's your job to change them, regardless.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alliemad_3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM
We have stashes in there in case someone doesn't have a diaper. I might start using them...lol

Quoting jellybeans5:

Keep a package of size 5 or 6 diapers in the nursery. When you need to change a little one put one of those on instead. (may have to get parents ok, just tell them what you said here)

Buying only one size saves money, just fold the tops down if the diaper is too big. :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Sorry you have a problem, I never have. This is what the preschool teachers at my sons school does. He doesn't fit into anything BUT pull ups so I'm glad they can do it.

Quoting Alliemad_3:

Yes. But I've noticed if you pull that apart and try to stick it back tiger her again, it doesn't stick as well. It's putting the diaper back ON that's the issue.

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

I don't know if you realise this but if you pull on the corners of the pull-on where it connects it will come apart in the same way that a regular diaper does.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM

by all means, lets all change the undergarmets just because one ddaycare worker doesn't want to have to work so hard to change a diaper...seriously..My son is in pullups, at 16 months, and I wont change it just because someone who is supposed to be caring for him doesn't like the extra step or two! BTW...I believe that changing a diaper without undressing the bottom half, is gross...

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I didn't say that you were *literally* telling anyone what to use but saying someone needs to refrain from using a certain product, is you trying to dictate what they use. They don't have to hear you say it. If it makes me a stick in the mud because you are whining about something so stupid, so be it. If it bothers you that much, stop doing it.

Quoting Alliemad_3:

I'm complaining about a ridiculous product that irritates me in a twice monthly basis. Not literally telling people what to use. You understood that...right? I mean, you made that comment just to be a snarky stick in the mud...right? Or are you purposely dense?

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

It's really not your place to dictate what type of diaper a parent uses. It's your job to change them, regardless.

gotnothinonme
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

lol...duly noted!

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I've duct taped a diaper or two in my day.....

Quoting lifehappy:

Invest in some scissors & duct tape, lol. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alliemad_3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! How is it gross? Nooks and crannies get clean all the same.

I think you just didn't like my post because I complained about something so you a) turn it in to something it isn't (because I'm not seriously telling no one to use them) and b) have to throw in an insult about something I do just for good measure.

Typical and pretty predictable.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

by all means, lets all change the undergarmets just because one ddaycare worker doesn't want to have to work so hard to change a diaper...seriously..My son is in pullups, at 16 months, and I wont change it just because someone who is supposed to be caring for him doesn't like the extra step or two! BTW...I believe that changing a diaper without undressing the bottom half, is gross...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I think it is gross because you can't manuver the legs to properly clean the area, and if you try it is risking a bigger mess, including on the clothes!!

Alliemad_3
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM
If what bothers me so much stop doing what? Changing diapers? It's kind of frowned upon to hand back a child to his parents with a full diaper.

Huggies hooked people in with a gimmick that is a pain for people having to change a lot of them in a row. That's what I was complaining about.

Exactly why is that offensive to you? It had to have hit some sort of chord, otherwise you are responding just to be combatitive.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

I didn't say that you were *literally* telling anyone what to use but saying someone needs to refrain from using a certain product, is you trying to dictate what they use. They don't have to hear you say it. If it makes me a stick in the mud because you are whining about something so stupid, so be it. If it bothers you that much, stop doing it.

Quoting Alliemad_3:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)