Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spent the night in er last night

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM
  • 23 Replies
Well last night we were eating dinner and I was feeding the seven month old while dh fed the one year old. My four and a half year old feeds himself.
Well halfway through dinner my son comes up to me and tells me he has a pea stuck up his nose, yes, a pea lol.
We tried to get it out with no luck, and medexpress sent us to the hospital. Fun fun. We were there from 10 until 4 and they finally came in to get it out. After 15 minutes and three different failed attempts out came the pea. It was awful! Poor guy screamed and screamed.
The reasoning behind his actions? His imaginary friend told him to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyStork
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:14 PM
That sucks. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thickmamaof2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM
awww. My dd put 2 large sequins in her nose the other night. I couldnt see them, they were up so high. I got her to blow them out though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM

My dd stuck a tiny lego up her nose. Luckily it came out when I had her blow her nose.

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM

LOL, my son stuck tic tacs up his nose.  But thankfully we didn't have to go to the ER!

Sorry mama, get some rest.

tennisgal
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM

That totally stinks!

You couldn't get a pea out at home?? My kids have so far never stuck anything up their noses so I'm not entirely sure how difficult it would be to get one out. 

rgba
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Oh no! When my friend was babysitting as a teen, I was there when the little girl jammed a red hot candy up her nose, because "she didn't like it!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Kids, get into the strangest predicaments.  Glad all is well now.

mitty18
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:59 PM
We tried everything. WhenP we told him to blow the booger out, he sniffed. I think he just panicked because it felt really funny. When he did that, it sucked it up so far it wasn't visible any more. It took the er doctor a while to get it out. She said it was jammed pretty good.

Quoting tennisgal:

That totally stinks!

You couldn't get a pea out at home?? My kids have so far never stuck anything up their noses so I'm not entirely sure how difficult it would be to get one out. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Summer on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:01 PM
I think he needs a new imaginary friend. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
totalbitch8604
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:18 PM

When my son was 15months i was changing his diaper and the light hit just right and i saw something yellow in his nose we tried to get it out but ended up taking him to the ER, it was a kernel of corn and in the process of then trying to suck it out they shoved it further in and he had to have nasal surgery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)