Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ACL is torn!!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM
  • 3 Replies
So I went to a boot camp class this morning and within 5 minutes of being there, I tore my ACL! I absolutely cannot put weight on my left leg without my knee giving out! I ran to the dr at my work and he said it is my ACLU and I need surgery. But here is the bad part. I am halfway through the RN program for nursing and I just accepted a new job at the hospital and was supposed to give my 2 weeks notice to my current job today, which they know is coming because I can't work there as an RN.
What do I do now? My current job would allow me to work with crutches and is mostly sitting. My new job would be running(at hospital). my new boss knows what happened because I came to a conference that she was at today. She didn't say anything. What do u guys think? Can I get fired before I even started?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I would talk to my new boss and get my knee fixed.  You don't want to let that go untreated. You won't be any good as a RN if you can't walk.

lifehappy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Did you have an MRI? Sometimes a torn ACL doesn't require surgery, and that can only be determined from an MRI. You may have injured your MCL.

luvtohunt
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I still need to get an MRI to make sure there is no other damage, but my doctor is positive ma ACL is blown! I really can't even put a tiny bit of weight in it without it going out , so he said I will have to have surgery, but that would be great if I didn't!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)