Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1-2-3 Magic Method

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone read/watched this discipline method? I am reading the book now and I am getting excited to put it into practice. Its is similar to my discipline techniques now but with added information and principles I hadn't thought about. They recommend in the book to have other people involved in your child's life learn the method as well. It also says that its easier for the Fathers to watch the DVD rather than read the book. My question is, are there any of you who have implemented this method and if so, how did you get other family members or friends involved as well? I have heard that many teachers use this in their classrooms as well. 

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
snoopy21276
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

love this method.. don't get the dvd.. men can read.. they just  want you to buy it! My kids are 15 months apart and i started it around 2 1/2 years old with them. the key to the program working is to stick to it and be consistent. They ar 7 and 8 now and it still pretty much works. I would revisit the book once a month or so to keep it fresh in my thoughts. 

elle3615
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I love this method and it works for my kids im having trouble getting my husband to join. I had a family meeting the day before i would start and explained to everyone. My parents use it at their house but my husband is stubborn even though hes seen changes in my kids he still claims it won't work. When i start counting or my parents do they know we are serious when my husband does it they know he won't follow through so why should they listen. I love it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)