Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr. Bronner's Soap- you know the one with the wacky lable

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

I saw a documentary about Dr. Bronner and the soap a few days ago. By coincidence I was in the Halal Butcher shop this afternoon and they had some, sooooooo I bought a bottle. It says it has 18 uses and you can use it for almost everything. Anyone have any suggestions for use?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyofbrayd473
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Never heard of it but sounds intresting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamacruz13
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Claims to have 18 uses but does not explain what they are lol.

I've never heard of it, here is a bump!

jadsmummy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Quoting mommyofbrayd473:

Never heard of it but sounds intresting.

Its a very interesting company LOL. I bought some because its all vegan, all natural, you can use it even as a toothpast, its certified free trade, and the bottle is made with 100% recycled plastic! Its about as granola a product as you can buy.

jadsmummy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Quoting Mamacruz13:

Claims to have 18 uses but does not explain what they are lol.

I've never heard of it, here is a bump!

In the documentary and on their website it lists using it as a body wash, face wash, shaving gel, aftershave, shampoo, laundry detergent, all purpose household cleaner, toothpaste. And on the documentary one woman said she used it as a ummmm, internal lady parts cleaner.

lovemybabies12
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I've heard of it but never tried it. I recently ordered some dr woods black soap and baby soap. It's suppose to be similar but the dr woods was cheaper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
InvisibleHorse
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Just don't wash your hair with it. Trust me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I hate their label, but I use it all the time. I clean my shower with it. The almond is my favorite scent
epoh
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM
I've washed my hair with it with no issue.

I use it to wash cloth diapers (or normal laundry if I don't make soap nuts liquid), body wash, shampoo, I shave with it, and I make a handsoap with it.

Quoting InvisibleHorse:

Just don't wash your hair with it. Trust me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadsmummy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Quoting SarahLizyB:

I hate their label, but I use it all the time. I clean my shower with it. The almond is my favorite scent

That's the one I bought. I tried to read the label but it didn't work out. :/ There is just too much going on.

InvisibleHorse
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Well, when I washed mine it was a nightmare. I had shoulder length hair and it matted so badly I couldn't even brush it after I used that stuff. My son, however, has very short hair and he uses it to help ease his scaly scalp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)