Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for moms who cio

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm just wondering how long is normal to let kids cry it out if u use that method. I was talking with a friend and she was telling me that her 15month ds cried for an hour and a half yesterday before he fell asleep. I know its her kid her business and I'm not judging just wndering how long is normal to let the baby cry before you do something about it. It just seemed like a long time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kathislove80
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Ugh...I could never do it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesistar6910
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM

That's a bit much. I never let my little cio for more than 10 minutes. She's a year and a half and she sleeps straight through the night and doesn't fight me when it's time for bed, so the method worked for us.

StrongerAlone
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I'm sorry, but that is too long to leave a child crying. I think the longest I ever let them cry was 5~10 mins.

Ashora1990
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM
10-20 mins. depending on the cry. ie whine or screaming
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I make my 15 year old cry it out until she falls asleep:p

snoopy21276
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:41 PM

i did CIO starting when the kids were 6 months and able to self soothe. Started  wit checking in every 5 minutes of fussing until it weened off.. Each day I increseed the check in time amounts and they figured it out. The child can feel abandoned to a degree and it is an adjustment for both parents and child. It has been a while.. but never did i let them go that long.. maybe a half hour  or so at most.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)