Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you let your dd wear a Bikini **made links clickable**edit pic of what we got on pg 19

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: which swimsuit for 4 yr old dd

Options:

a

b

c

d

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 146

View Results

We are getting a swmming pool for the back yard so would you get a bikini or a tankini for your 4 yr old daughter? it will only be used for swimming in the back yard not at public pools and theres no beach around

dd liked these ones

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Op-Girls-Cherry-Garcia-2-Piece-Halter-Tankini/19397520

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Op-Girls-Almost-Famous-2-Piece-Suimsuit/19397602

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Op-Girls-Going-Wild-2-Piece-Suimsuit/19398799

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Op-Girls-Sugar-Pop-2-Piece-Halter-Bikini/19407236

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Replies (61-70):
Mrs.Velasquez
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM
No. I just don't like it. Dd #1 has always worn the two pieces,but the ones that don't show her belly or anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DropZoneMom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM

No -- your young daughter's aren't trying to attract men.   But by putting them in bikinis (especially the 12YO) that's EXACTLY what you're doing -- fulfilling every pedophile's dream at the beach.   Good move, 'mom'.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Right. So my 12yo, 8yo, and 4yo are trying to attract men? I've been wearing a bikini since before I could walk, and it's never been about attracting men. Have you ever tried to put a wet one-piece back on a toddler after a potty run?

Quoting DropZoneMom:

For more 'mature' women -- okay, I'll buy that.   But for any girl under 25?   It's about attracting the attention of men.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

For many, like myself, it is a comfort issue. One-piece suits are uncomfortable to me. They always ride up and I don't feel like pulling wedgies out all day.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

Oh, REALLY???   Then what exactly IS the goal??

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Lol @ the goal of a bikini being to attract men. That's such a load of bs.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

NO -- I would not put a 4-year-old in a bikini.   Partly because I don't think they're appropriate (what is the goal of a bikini?  To attract the attention of men).   YES -- I understand that she'll only be swimming in a backyard pool.

But she also doesn't need that much skin exposed to the sun.   The incidences of skin cancer -- and deadly melanoma -- have been on the rise for years.   WHY would you take any more risks than necessary??   A tankini isn't going to take away from her enjoyment of the pool.  It will also be easier to say "no" to a bikini when she's a blossoming 13-year-old.   (Mine is okay with not being 'allowed' to wear one till she's 16).

There is no good reason to wear a bikini.  And several good reasons NOT to.

MamaPeanut
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimikylemama

my daughter has always worn a bikini.  She will be 5 in august.

EmilyMarshall
No bikinis

TheMrs407
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Really?....

Quoting mcr17:

i dont care where the kids wearing it. and i talked about what im doing, if she wants her kid to look trampy at that age, no matter where she is, then she can go right ahead. i have better sense as a parent to realize that bikinis are for adults, not children.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Newsflash. A pedophile who likes little girls will "whack off", as you put, to a kid in a frickin' snowsuit if he/she thinks the kid is cute. They don't need to see skin to get aroused.

The OP said it was for a backyard pool. How many pedophiles do YOU have in YOUR backyard?

Quoting mcr17:

my daughter WILL NOT have a bikini, if i have my way EVER a pedophile that likes little girls isnt going to care if they are developed enough to show something off in a bikini, it still arouses them. im not about to let my child be a memory for some sick fuck to whack off to later.

mcr17
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM

have you even see toddlers and tiaras? yes a child can look trampy.

and dont fucking compare me to pedophile

Quoting Paperfishies:

First of all a child can not look "trampy" as you put it. You sound just as fucked up as a pedo.

Quoting mcr17:

i dont care where the kids wearing it. and i talked about what im doing, if she wants her kid to look trampy at that age, no matter where she is, then she can go right ahead. i have better sense as a parent to realize that bikinis are for adults, not children.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Newsflash. A pedophile who likes little girls will "whack off", as you put, to a kid in a frickin' snowsuit if he/she thinks the kid is cute. They don't need to see skin to get aroused.

The OP said it was for a backyard pool. How many pedophiles do YOU have in YOUR backyard?

Quoting mcr17:

my daughter WILL NOT have a bikini, if i have my way EVER a pedophile that likes little girls isnt going to care if they are developed enough to show something off in a bikini, it still arouses them. im not about to let my child be a memory for some sick fuck to whack off to later.

Autumn19
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM
no we dont like idea of little ones in bikinis when she can buy her own clothes she can wear one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I have, those children do not look "trampy". They look like overly made up children.

And if the shoe fits...

Quoting mcr17:

have you even see toddlers and tiaras? yes a child can look trampy.

and dont fucking compare me to pedophile

Quoting Paperfishies:

First of all a child can not look "trampy" as you put it. You sound just as fucked up as a pedo.

Quoting mcr17:

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Quoting mcr17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you honestly think any pedophile cares if you child is running naked or in a burka?  No!  They are sick people regardless of what you child is wearing. Insulting other moms on their choices does not make you a better mom, it makes you sound ignorant.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

No -- your young daughter's aren't trying to attract men.   But by putting them in bikinis (especially the 12YO) that's EXACTLY what you're doing -- fulfilling every pedophile's dream at the beach.   Good move, 'mom'.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Right. So my 12yo, 8yo, and 4yo are trying to attract men? I've been wearing a bikini since before I could walk, and it's never been about attracting men. Have you ever tried to put a wet one-piece back on a toddler after a potty run?

Quoting DropZoneMom:

For more 'mature' women -- okay, I'll buy that.   But for any girl under 25?   It's about attracting the attention of men.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

For many, like myself, it is a comfort issue. One-piece suits are uncomfortable to me. They always ride up and I don't feel like pulling wedgies out all day.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

Oh, REALLY???   Then what exactly IS the goal??

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Lol @ the goal of a bikini being to attract men. That's such a load of bs.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

NO -- I would not put a 4-year-old in a bikini.   Partly because I don't think they're appropriate (what is the goal of a bikini?  To attract the attention of men).   YES -- I understand that she'll only be swimming in a backyard pool.

But she also doesn't need that much skin exposed to the sun.   The incidences of skin cancer -- and deadly melanoma -- have been on the rise for years.   WHY would you take any more risks than necessary??   A tankini isn't going to take away from her enjoyment of the pool.  It will also be easier to say "no" to a bikini when she's a blossoming 13-year-old.   (Mine is okay with not being 'allowed' to wear one till she's 16).

There is no good reason to wear a bikini.  And several good reasons NOT to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)