Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you let your dd wear a Bikini **made links clickable**edit pic of what we got on pg 19

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: which swimsuit for 4 yr old dd

Options:

a

b

c

d

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 146

View Results

We are getting a swmming pool for the back yard so would you get a bikini or a tankini for your 4 yr old daughter? it will only be used for swimming in the back yard not at public pools and theres no beach around

dd liked these ones

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Op-Girls-Cherry-Garcia-2-Piece-Halter-Tankini/19397520

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Op-Girls-Almost-Famous-2-Piece-Suimsuit/19397602

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Op-Girls-Going-Wild-2-Piece-Suimsuit/19398799

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Op-Girls-Sugar-Pop-2-Piece-Halter-Bikini/19407236

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Replies (61-70):
Mrs.Velasquez
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM
No. I just don't like it. Dd #1 has always worn the two pieces,but the ones that don't show her belly or anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DropZoneMom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:33 PM

No -- your young daughter's aren't trying to attract men.   But by putting them in bikinis (especially the 12YO) that's EXACTLY what you're doing -- fulfilling every pedophile's dream at the beach.   Good move, 'mom'.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Right. So my 12yo, 8yo, and 4yo are trying to attract men? I've been wearing a bikini since before I could walk, and it's never been about attracting men. Have you ever tried to put a wet one-piece back on a toddler after a potty run?

Quoting DropZoneMom:

For more 'mature' women -- okay, I'll buy that.   But for any girl under 25?   It's about attracting the attention of men.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

For many, like myself, it is a comfort issue. One-piece suits are uncomfortable to me. They always ride up and I don't feel like pulling wedgies out all day.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

Oh, REALLY???   Then what exactly IS the goal??

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Lol @ the goal of a bikini being to attract men. That's such a load of bs.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

NO -- I would not put a 4-year-old in a bikini.   Partly because I don't think they're appropriate (what is the goal of a bikini?  To attract the attention of men).   YES -- I understand that she'll only be swimming in a backyard pool.

But she also doesn't need that much skin exposed to the sun.   The incidences of skin cancer -- and deadly melanoma -- have been on the rise for years.   WHY would you take any more risks than necessary??   A tankini isn't going to take away from her enjoyment of the pool.  It will also be easier to say "no" to a bikini when she's a blossoming 13-year-old.   (Mine is okay with not being 'allowed' to wear one till she's 16).

There is no good reason to wear a bikini.  And several good reasons NOT to.

MamaPeanut
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimikylemama

my daughter has always worn a bikini.  She will be 5 in august.

EmilyMarshall
No bikinis

TheMrs407
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Really?....

Quoting mcr17:

i dont care where the kids wearing it. and i talked about what im doing, if she wants her kid to look trampy at that age, no matter where she is, then she can go right ahead. i have better sense as a parent to realize that bikinis are for adults, not children.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Newsflash. A pedophile who likes little girls will "whack off", as you put, to a kid in a frickin' snowsuit if he/she thinks the kid is cute. They don't need to see skin to get aroused.

The OP said it was for a backyard pool. How many pedophiles do YOU have in YOUR backyard?

Quoting mcr17:

my daughter WILL NOT have a bikini, if i have my way EVER a pedophile that likes little girls isnt going to care if they are developed enough to show something off in a bikini, it still arouses them. im not about to let my child be a memory for some sick fuck to whack off to later.

mcr17
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM

have you even see toddlers and tiaras? yes a child can look trampy.

and dont fucking compare me to pedophile

Quoting Paperfishies:

First of all a child can not look "trampy" as you put it. You sound just as fucked up as a pedo.

Quoting mcr17:

i dont care where the kids wearing it. and i talked about what im doing, if she wants her kid to look trampy at that age, no matter where she is, then she can go right ahead. i have better sense as a parent to realize that bikinis are for adults, not children.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Newsflash. A pedophile who likes little girls will "whack off", as you put, to a kid in a frickin' snowsuit if he/she thinks the kid is cute. They don't need to see skin to get aroused.

The OP said it was for a backyard pool. How many pedophiles do YOU have in YOUR backyard?

Quoting mcr17:

my daughter WILL NOT have a bikini, if i have my way EVER a pedophile that likes little girls isnt going to care if they are developed enough to show something off in a bikini, it still arouses them. im not about to let my child be a memory for some sick fuck to whack off to later.

Autumn19
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM
no we dont like idea of little ones in bikinis when she can buy her own clothes she can wear one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I have, those children do not look "trampy". They look like overly made up children.

And if the shoe fits...

Quoting mcr17:

have you even see toddlers and tiaras? yes a child can look trampy.

and dont fucking compare me to pedophile

Quoting Paperfishies:

First of all a child can not look "trampy" as you put it. You sound just as fucked up as a pedo.

Quoting mcr17:

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Quoting mcr17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you honestly think any pedophile cares if you child is running naked or in a burka?  No!  They are sick people regardless of what you child is wearing. Insulting other moms on their choices does not make you a better mom, it makes you sound ignorant.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

No -- your young daughter's aren't trying to attract men.   But by putting them in bikinis (especially the 12YO) that's EXACTLY what you're doing -- fulfilling every pedophile's dream at the beach.   Good move, 'mom'.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Right. So my 12yo, 8yo, and 4yo are trying to attract men? I've been wearing a bikini since before I could walk, and it's never been about attracting men. Have you ever tried to put a wet one-piece back on a toddler after a potty run?

Quoting DropZoneMom:

For more 'mature' women -- okay, I'll buy that.   But for any girl under 25?   It's about attracting the attention of men.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

For many, like myself, it is a comfort issue. One-piece suits are uncomfortable to me. They always ride up and I don't feel like pulling wedgies out all day.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

Oh, REALLY???   Then what exactly IS the goal??

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Lol @ the goal of a bikini being to attract men. That's such a load of bs.

Quoting DropZoneMom:

NO -- I would not put a 4-year-old in a bikini.   Partly because I don't think they're appropriate (what is the goal of a bikini?  To attract the attention of men).   YES -- I understand that she'll only be swimming in a backyard pool.

But she also doesn't need that much skin exposed to the sun.   The incidences of skin cancer -- and deadly melanoma -- have been on the rise for years.   WHY would you take any more risks than necessary??   A tankini isn't going to take away from her enjoyment of the pool.  It will also be easier to say "no" to a bikini when she's a blossoming 13-year-old.   (Mine is okay with not being 'allowed' to wear one till she's 16).

There is no good reason to wear a bikini.  And several good reasons NOT to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)