Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my poor 2 year old has to suffer through

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM
  • 12 Replies
A high calorie milkshake everyday! And dh was mad until I told him its icecream, whole milk, pudding or yogurt, peanutbutter, and cream (the stuff you use to make home made whipped cream). Lol he's totally going to suffer! The Dr even suggested I buy an icecream maker to make my own icecream so its as healthy as possible but high in calories. I'm also going to add strawberries and bananas for good measure.

My 2.5 year old hasn't gained any weight since Sept so we are trying to get him to gain some weight. He is an extremely picky eater. He takes vitamins daily as well as pedi-sure twice daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jkleinman
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Sounds yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I know! I'm jealous!

Quoting jkleinman:

Sounds yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM
hmmmmm....i might have to do this for my kids...esp my 5yr old! shes been the same weight since she was 2 and seems to be losing which is weird because she DOES eat!! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Potatoes and rice are good too. I would suggest taking him to the Dentist more often to avoid cavities. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I want that now. Thanks.

cdi
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Can u give me the recipe for this? My two year old is on the light side (24lbs and 36"). They said to keep him on a high calorie diet and possibly add pedasure r toddler formula but that stuff is so expensive (although I still buy it).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kustomkidz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM
When I was prego with my oldest I kept loosing weight. My OB put me on a milkshake diet. I had to drink 3 a day! Didn't help. Lol.

I hope it helps your LO. I'm assuming they checked his thyroid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Ill try rice... he won't do potato unless they are fries and smothered in salt... not something I want to give daily. We upped the tooth brushing to 3 times a day instead of 2. Thanks.

Quoting DACIA79:

Potatoes and rice are good too. I would suggest taking him to the Dentist more often to avoid cavities. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dark_Soul
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:58 PM
I personally wouldn't use something so sugary for weight gain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM
That's the next step if the milk shakes don't work. She is giving it to july. I have a feeling its his picky diet.

Quoting kustomkidz:

When I was prego with my oldest I kept loosing weight. My OB put me on a milkshake diet. I had to drink 3 a day! Didn't help. Lol.

I hope it helps your LO. I'm assuming they checked his thyroid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)