• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go ahead judge me, you know you want to :)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM
  • 46 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have two girls ages 3 and 2. They are beautiful and healthy and Smart! I use spanking (gasp) as a form of discipline occasionally 1 swat per there age ( 3year old gets 3 and 2years old gets 2) never hard enough to leave a mark and only after a warning, and a timeout have failed and their behavior has either not gotten any better or has worsened. A few times I have let my children eat a popsicle or candy before breakfast (OMG) I breast fed both for 18 months each ( tandum nursed for 3 and a half months ) I put them in forward facing carseats the minute they hit 1 year and 20lbs (from 10 months till they reached that mark they would SCREAM as hard as they could the entire car ride no matter how short or how long ) I never baby talked my children or allowed them to use baby talk, if they couldn't pronounce a  word right then we would work on it till they could. At 4 months no more pacifiers. And 5 months they started slowly on baby food. Oh yeah! And there have been days that NICK JR has been on all day long. I let my kids play in the mud.... And I am sure the list goes on and on and on. I love my children! They are wonderful healthy advanced children! The main thing is that I LOVE my babies more than life itself. I am doing what I feel is best for MY kids.  Is there things that I have done parenting wise in my 3 short years as a mother that I wish I had done differently, situations I had handled better? YES. My point is aren't there skelletins in all our mommy closets. Or are all of you that "perfect mom" 100% of the time?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LumpyPrincess
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

bump for later reading

2girlsYES
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Hey your babies - your business :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I never understand posts like this.
But glad your girls are happy & healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM
My definition of perfect is different.. So in my books I'm almost perfect, I have definitely screwed up by my own standards before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manda-nicole010
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Yeah... I don't get any of it either. I don't get posts of people trying to justify what they do or people feeling their way is the right way and they are perfect and no one else is. 

Quoting JaimieLynn8:

But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened."
Take Courage
1 Peter 3:14
moogsmom03
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I like this post. Because a lot of it is stuff that other moms bash us for. Like letting our kids watch tv all day long or eat too much candy. It sounds like my house every day, lol. My kids love tv, love playing outside in the mud even more, love candy, hate vegetables but will choke them down, and get spanked when they misbehave and have been given warnings. Thumbs up to you.

Nikki286
by Nicoli on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

yep im like mary poppins practically perfect in every way lol jk I am human we all make mistakes but raising my child the way I was raised is not a mistake  not in my eyes.. 

mommaamy760
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM

thank you! Seems like most of the moms on here have that "holier than thou" attitude. So I thought I would go a head and admit that I am a proud mommy and I can admit that I make mistakes or am a little relaxed in some of my parenting, just plan old don't do it just by the books or whatever. LOL thanks for the support! And BTW I am not bashing the stricter or I guess it's more strict moms! Being a mom is a tough job and I think every ones of us is amazing!

Quoting moogsmom03:

I like this post. Because a lot of it is stuff that other moms bash us for. Like letting our kids watch tv all day long or eat too much candy. It sounds like my house every day, lol. My kids love tv, love playing outside in the mud even more, love candy, hate vegetables but will choke them down, and get spanked when they misbehave and have been given warnings. Thumbs up to you.

mommaamy760
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I never said that my way is the right way nor did I say anyone elses way is wrong! Quite the opposite! NO ONE is perfect! Though we may strive to be. EVERY mother makes mistakes! We all do the best we can. I already know that in ten, 20 years and look back and wish I had done something differently. Being a mom is tough job, one that I am blessed to have everyday! To bad there is no job description or "rule book" that come with being a mom. I believe that we are all wonderful mothers despite our parenting differences!

Quoting manda-nicole010:

Yeah... I don't get any of it either. I don't get posts of people trying to justify what they do or people feeling their way is the right way and they are perfect and no one else is. 

Quoting JaimieLynn8:

MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I am far from perfect...  i would do things differently... but thats the beauty of raising your own children

this is going to get bad fast

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)