• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont beg very often but i am begging please watch this ...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM
  • 24 Replies

http://www.ktul.com/

This little guy needs as many prayers and porch lights on ....

This is a story of a mother pleading for a miracle. Liam Lyon was born with a rare heart condition that forced him to get a heart transplant just a few months after being born.

Now, Tulsa's Channel 8 has learned there are more complications facing the family. The family needs a miracle doctor for their miracle baby and they have nowhere else to turn.

"If we cannot find that one doctor then we are going to lose our miracle," says Liam's mother Whitney Lyon. "We are just asking for one doctor to think outside the box and to think of the craziest things, I don't care, I'm willing to try them all at this point."

A plea from a begging mother. Liam is only 14 months old and spent his time surrounded by doctors all but two weeks of his life. Giving up? Not an option for Lyon.

"He's still smiling, until he stops smiling, I'm not giving up," says Lyon.

It's been a whirlwind of doctors visits, surgeries and a heart transplant. Just when Liam was starting to recuperate, it was back to the hospital for the family.

"His kidneys are not functioning at full level, therefore he cannot excrete all the fluids that he needs to," says Jamie Ward, Liam's Aunt.

The fluid backup started just in his belly but has now spread to his entire body. So much that in the past three weeks family members have been called in to say their goodbyes.

But just in the past few days, something has happened on Facebook.

"There was a thing 'Lights for Liam,' where everybody would turn on their porch light and say a prayer for him," say Lyon. "I think that was something that brought him through."

His older sister loves him but was a little shy to admit it on TV. Yet in the pictures you can see the sibling love. the love that Lyon says Liam knows is all around him.

Now the family just needs a miracle doctor to take a chance for this miracle baby.

"You can see his fight in those pictures, he's not ready to give up, he can't help it that he's sick, he just needs one doctor to think outside of the box and help him," begs Lyon.

Facebook pages:
I Love Liam Lyon

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Love-Liam-Lyon/137992366273067

Lights for Liam
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lights-for-Liam/197411003710517

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MatisMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM
It takes me to a home page :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tweetyfan
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

i wonder why it took me too it .... Hmmm

Quoting MatisMommy:

MatisMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Well I'm trying to watch it woman!!! Lol its driving me nuts!!!!

Quoting tweetyfan:

Quoting MatisMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Quoting MatisMommy:

tweetyfan
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM

its worth it when you get it .... Let me see if i can figure it out ...

Quoting MatisMommy:

Quoting tweetyfan:

Quoting MatisMommy:

MatisMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I think I found it :( baby liam??

I'm balling my eyes out right now! But at the same time o just want to snugly up to him and eat him up!!

Quoting MatisMommy:

Quoting tweetyfan:

Quoting MatisMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tweetyfan
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM

This is a story of a mother pleading for a miracle. Liam Lyon was born with a rare heart condition that forced him to get a heart transplant just a few months after being born.

Now, Tulsa's Channel 8 has learned there are more complications facing the family. The family needs a miracle doctor for their miracle baby and they have nowhere else to turn.

"If we cannot find that one doctor then we are going to lose our miracle," says Liam's mother Whitney Lyon. "We are just asking for one doctor to think outside the box and to think of the craziest things, I don't care, I'm willing to try them all at this point."

A plea from a begging mother. Liam is only 14 months old and spent his time surrounded by doctors all but two weeks of his life. Giving up? Not an option for Lyon.

It's been a whirlwind of doctors visits, surgeries and a heart transplant. Just when Liam was starting to recuperate, it was back to the hospital for the family.

"His kidneys are not functioning at full level, therefore he cannot excrete all the fluids that he needs to," says Jamie Ward, Liam's Aunt.

The fluid backup started just in his belly but has now spread to his entire body. So much that in the past three weeks family members have been called in to say their goodbyes.

"There was a thing 'Lights for Liam,' where everybody would turn on their porch light and say a prayer for him," say Lyon. "I think that was something that brought him through."

His older sister loves him but was a little shy to admit it on TV. Yet in the pictures you can see the sibling love. the love that Lyon says Liam knows is all around him.

Now the family just needs a miracle doctor to take a chance for this miracle baby.

"You can see his fight in those pictures, he's not ready to give up, he can't help it that he's sick, he just needs one doctor to think outside of the box and help him," begs Lyon.

Facebook pages:
I Love Liam Lyon

Lights for Liam

MatisMommy
I think its the one down at the bottom baby needs one doctor I think?

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Quoting MatisMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
Me too

Quoting MatisMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MatisMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Yup I had it right :( poor sweet baby.

Quoting tweetyfan:

Facebook pages:
I Love Liam Lyon

Lights for Liam

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)