Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you judge a parent on the way their kid acts?

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't--because I never know the whole situation of what is going on--

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
CrusherMama86
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM
I appreciate that. Nothing bugs me more than being treated like my autistic son is just spoiled and undisciplined.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M0M0F03
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Depends. If a kids being a PITA and the parent is standing there cussing them out. I form an opinion :)

Paperfishies
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Only of I know for a fact the child is a totally normal kid.

If I dont know the family, then I usually don't.

I do judge the fuck out of how a parent reacts to their child though...like people who spank their kids in public and curse at them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM
That reminds me of that newspaper article where a guy wrote in saying he caused a massive pile-up on the highway by racing and throwing banana peels and turtle shells because he was negatively influenced by Mario Kart. Ha.

Quoting MicheleJM:

Only twice...one the kid acted out in odd ways, and I found the family strange.  If you let an eight year old play Grand Theft Auto then yes I'm afraid I'm going to judge you--for being crazy if nothing else.  There is  terrible violence, not to mention strong sexual themes. That wasn't the only reason, just one that bothered me.  To me Grand Theft should never have been made in the first place; other video games don't bother me as much.  The other time a father sat there and let his son talk back to me in my own house.  So yeah, there was some judgment going on...like 'can't you control your son?  Usually I might think well I wouldn't do such and such, but the parents aren't bad ones..it just isn't how I would do things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickigoingon8
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I don't unless I am watching the child do something and the parents are just sitting there not correcting the behavior.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I did before I had kids. Now I know better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reche1978
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:07 AM

honestly i think its wrong to do that but i cant say i've never done that before

joshlor2
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Sometimes, like when their kid are actin like complete little jerks and they do NOTHING. Then I judge
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gealach
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Sometimes. If they're just ignoring the hell out of the kid while it tears a store apart, yea I guess I get a little judgey.
But I feel sympathetic for the mom in the dirty sweats with a screaming kid who looks like she wants to crawl under the buggy and die.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:16 AM

a parent that I know like my neightbor. Yes I do judge them. They suck as parents. A complete stranger, no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN