Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saw someone trying to steal from Target today!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM
  • 153 Replies
DD and I were about to go in when I see a lady coming out with a cart. All of a sudden I see the security guy running behind her and grabbing the cart from her. He started saying "what do you think your doing. This is our stuff" and the lady looked a bit scared. I saw a few clothes and snacks in there. She also had a panda express bag. She told him the bag was hers and he said "take it and get out of here" but another security came running and said call the police. That's when the lady left running. They didn't seem to catch her because when they came back it wasn't with the lady. I thought all this was crazy. Are we in such a bad recession that peoples last resort is stealing? Have you ever witnessed anyone trying to steal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeisajoy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM

sure have--too many times

Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I actually use to work for Target security. so I saw it all the time. I remember 1 girl stealing a bag of gummy bears that was less then a dollar. they ended up letting her go w/ a warning. but ya it was a daily thing at our store.

JocelynsMommy30
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Really? Only other time I've seen it was these 3 girls getting caught stealing from Claire's. I've never seen an adult.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

sure have--too many times

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife0424
Yep I used to with customer service at kmart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JocelynsMommy30
That's crazy!!

Quoting Beautifulmom513:

I actually use to work for Target security. so I saw it all the time. I remember 1 girl stealing a bag of gummy bears that was less then a dollar. they ended up letting her go w/ a warning. but ya it was a daily thing at our store.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenMarie87
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I work at Walmart and we have had people walk out with whole carts full of stuff. It's crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILoveMyJason
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM

You would be VERY surprised how common this is. It happens several times a day. I used to be a loss prevention officer, and later a manager, for a big department store before I had children and decided to stay home. My job was to do CCTV and floor surveillance and apprehend shoplifters and dishonest associates.

It is absolutely RIDICULOUS what some people do to steal, what they steal, how they do it, and their reactions to being caught.

It's a constant problem, and it will never go away. Most people just don't witness it.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Worked at Walmart, saw it many of times.

deadlights86
The grocery store I work at got robbed twice in the past week. And were not really in that bad of an area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColinsMommy99
When I worked at a grocery store we kept all the expensive liquor and small bottles locked up. I was walking by and someone asked me to get a bottle for them. I ran to get the key and when I came back they were trying to put a different bottle down their pants. I just looked at them and they said sorry and tried to hand it back to me. I told them I didn't want to touch it and to put it back on the shelf. Lol. Then they left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)